PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light Circuit

Unregistered
02-19-2004, 03:18 AM
Hi,

1990 e34 525i m

The active check control is reporting "BRAKE LT CIRCUIT". It comes on as soon as you press the brake pedal and stays on while the keys are in the ignition. I have had Brake Light warnings before which was due to one bulb - I believe this is different.

All brake lights are not working including the "high" light on the parcel shelf.

I havent looked into it too much yet - but I have checked the fuse - and it is ok. Any suggestions on what to check? Could it be a wiring problem? LKM? or does the LKM only control the headlights and interior lights?

Any help would be great

Thanks, Steve

Bill H.
02-19-2004, 09:07 AM
I just replaced both on 92 525iT & 94 530iA with help from the board & now have no problems. :D

Unregistered
02-19-2004, 09:08 AM
its me again - just incase anyone ever has the problem - it was the brake light switch.

all fixed!!

nickple
06-29-2004, 03:36 PM
where is the brake light switch?

Paul in NZ
06-29-2004, 03:54 PM
sorta up under the dash.There is a write up on e34 .net.Its a much easier job on a rhd car..and it helps if you can hold the brake pedal down while changing the switch.the switch is self adjusting and self setting.once you have installed it dont push the red sleeve in,it wil set itself the first few times you push the brake pedal..I think GALE has a good write up too but he doesnt agree on the red sleeve bit.

eagle_eye2k2
09-03-2005, 03:58 AM
The active check control is reporting "BRAKE LT CIRCUIT".
I CHANGE THE BRAKE PADS 2 TIMES AND IT DIDN'T WORK
SO PLEASE ANY BODY HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEMS

grave77
09-03-2005, 06:43 AM
I had this problem before .. it was due to the head lights adjustment motors. when they aren't moving freely the draw more current telling the system that there is a fault in the brake circuit. disconnect the motors and check the car ... if it's gone then this is your problem, other wise as been told to you to check the switch on the pedal.

dacoyote
09-03-2005, 08:10 AM
The active check control is reporting "BRAKE LT CIRCUIT".
I CHANGE THE BRAKE PADS 2 TIMES AND IT DIDN'T WORK
SO PLEASE ANY BODY HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEMS

BRAKE LT CIRCUIT, normally isn't the bads... its the brake lights.

Have someone stand behind the car and see if the brake lights come on... so you know if they are working first.

-Charles