PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about these wheels?

JAlfredPrufrock
03-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Lately they've caught my eye and I have to tell you I think they look REALLY good.

For the price though, I am weary. There goes the old saying "you get what you pay for" and I don't want to win the auction only to find out I got burned by some like Pep Boys wheel cover spinners or something.

Know anything about these wheels? Where they might be made? Anyone who's bought them and is happy with them?

I'm really just looking for something for the summer I can generally abuse and have my 15s for the winter for snow tires.

The e39 reps + lowered schwarz I think would look teh sechs.

JAlfredPrufrock
03-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Whoops here's a link to the wheels I'm talking about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7961934310&category=43958&sspagename=WDVW

Beez540
03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
I've seen some replicas in person... they looked as though may have looked nice for the 1st year, but then the paint fade started in.

Structurally, I doubt you'd have much to worry about until they get some years of abuse on them.

As I've been searching for wheels as well, my biggest concern with all the generic wheel auctions on ebay is that there are so many of them floating around. I see that wheel everywhere now.

Personally, I'd rather find something unique... and I found some old chrome 16's on the bimmerforums... I'll post up some pics when they arrive.

632 Regal
03-15-2005, 09:36 PM
J, those look pretty good, the bolt pattern and offset is correct, they say brand new and from the ad they dont look bad. you DO realize that they want 120 in shipping right?? Thats way the **** steep but part of the deal if you get a good price and want them. I like that style and think they will look good too, as long as you dont live off my bomb shraded road and bend then the first day out.

pmlmotorsports
03-16-2005, 09:10 AM
they are made in China...............be aware of weight and quality of finish........and personally I find the modern look wheels to be non-complimentary on the older E34. Hope this helps.

Phil Sanderson
03-16-2005, 04:09 PM
I've had no trouble with them - the black car has 18's and is lowered (watch out for pot holes) - the gold car has 17's and is not lowered in this photo.
http://img79.exs.cx/img79/7628/gp010a4dy.jpg

regards
Phil