PDA

View Full Version : Euro 525iTouring : No ICV ???.

emw525E34
03-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Got this euro Touring gem and its a manual with M50TU engine. I cannot seem to find the ICV which should be between the Intake tube and the manifold. There is none I could see.
Any ideas, guys ?. Car seems a little "violent" to try maintaining a smooth idle as the AC kicks in and out during idle. My M20 E34 sedan idles smoothly with slight lumpiness.

Thanks.

ryan roopnarine
03-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Got this euro Touring gem and its a manual with M50TU engine. I cannot seem to find the ICV which should be between the Intake tube and the manifold. There is none I could see.
Any ideas, guys ?. Car seems a little "violent" to try maintaining a smooth idle as the AC kicks in and out during idle. My M20 E34 sedan idles smoothly with slight lumpiness.

Thanks.

i call the m20 and m30 cars "soviet intake manifold" units. i say this affectionately. pls don't take offence.

the soviet intake manifold cars have the icv up near to the air intake arm. your m50 has it below the intake manifold, nice and hard for you to get at.

emw525E34
03-15-2005, 04:09 AM
So the M50TU engine *does* have an ICV. You said below the Intake manifold. How can I identify it ?. There must be 2 hoses, one in and out out. From the breather tube then to the Intake manifold on the bottom side ?. If side of the TB if you could imagine me shining a flashlight from under the car.
Towards driver or towards front of car ?. I know the ICV is solenoid driven so there must also be an electrical wire connector to it. I swear I could not see it first time.

shogun
03-15-2005, 04:41 AM
If you would have indicated year of production or VIN, I could have given more info.
But there is the parts catalog and you will find nice explosion drawings
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

ryan roopnarine
03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
it is 1/2 the way between ends of the intake manifold, on the throttle body (not cylinder air intake) side. there's a nipple and a u shaped snorkel that feeds one side of it coming off of the intake manifold. if you stick your hand midway under the manifold you should feel it.