PDA

View Full Version : I got a job, and what a job!

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-14-2005, 09:56 AM
OK guys, guess what, I found a job. Yes someone actually hired me. And you thought it would never happen.

Anyway, I am now a BMW new and used car sales man, at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff Illinois! Unbelievable. From a manager in corporate america to a car salesman. But I know I couldn't have picked a better product to sell, nor a better dealership to work for. In fact, I don't think there is anything else I could have gotten into sales for other than BMW, cause as you know, I'm a bimmer nut!

And I know many of us don't like the Bangled styling of some of the new bimmers, but personally, I don't drive a bimmer for styling, I drive it for it's quality and performance.
Although the real test to these new styles will be the test of time. We'll see how they look 5 and 10 years from now.

On another note, now that I have a job, I will be upgrading our server to a faster one. I know this one has been a tad slow, so I will remedy that issue soon! My only problem is finding another virtual server that also provides the front page extensions.
The one I've looked at does not (http://www.raqport.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=argon).

So to end my little note; if anyone in the "Chicago Land" area needs a new or used (CPO) bimmer, let me know, I'll get you the best deal I can, which prolly won't be as good as a private sales bimmer, but it will have a warrantee. Ed Moes (847) 283-6707

And lastly, I should have more time to provide feedback and info here on the board, when sales are slow, so that's cool. But don't worry, I'm not tainted yet, I still have the E34 bimmer perspective, and don't intend to get rid of it any tim,e soon or my two E34's.

Test drives are awsome!

philbyil
03-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Hello mate....
Well, congrats on the job and I KNOW you will do well as it really really helps if you like your product!

Heard a lot of good things about Knauz and I understand that it's a fine place to work.

Keep the faith.....Bangle is around but, thankfully, not too hands on these days ;) !

All the best

Bill R.
03-14-2005, 10:05 AM
far worse things to do than sell bmw's. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

OK guys, guess what, I found a job. Yes someone actually hired me. And you thought it would never happen.

Anyway, I am now a BMW new and used car sales man, at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff Illinois! Unbelievable. From a manager in corporate america to a car salesman. But I know I couldn't have picked a better product to sell, nor a better dealership to work for. In fact, I don't think there is anything else I could have gotten into sales for other than BMW, cause as you know, I'm a bimmer nut!

And I know many of us don't like the Bangled styling of some of the new bimmers, but personally, I don't drive a bimmer for styling, I drive it for it's quality and performance.
Although the real test to these new styles will be the test of time. We'll see how they look 5 and 10 years from now.

On another note, now that I have a job, I will be upgrading our server to a faster one. I know this one has been a tad slow, so I will remedy that issue soon! My only problem is finding another virtual server that also provides the front page extensions.
The one I've looked at does not (http://www.raqport.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=argon).

So to end my little note; if anyone in the "Chicago Land" area needs a new or used (CPO) bimmer, let me know, I'll get you the best deal I can, which prolly won't be as good as a private sales bimmer, but it will have a warrantee. Ed Moes (847) 283-6707

And lastly, I should have more time to provide feedback and info here on the board, when sales are slow, so that's cool. But don't worry, I'm not tainted yet, I still have the E34 bimmer perspective, and don't intend to get rid of it any tim,e soon or my two E34's.

Test drives are awsome!

Martin in Bellevue
03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes, congratulations ED!
That is good news, enjoy it.

tim
03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Way to go Ed.

632 Regal
03-14-2005, 10:56 AM
what an opportunity!! Now your going to have to add a "cars for sale" page and make a commision sitting back and playing on the computer. I dont think you could have found a better job!

PS the server has been pretty decent as of late.

Derek A.
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Keep us posted on what rolls in for dealer trade ins - I know that you folks lowball the hell out of cars when they come in. Could represent some unique fixer-upper opporunities. :)

Patrick
03-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Great to hear Ed -I bet that will be interesting/fun as well as a great learning experience from a lot of different angles. And, as always, thanks for all of your time and work you put into this board.

granit_silber
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Way to go Ed!
-ashley

Test drives are awsome!

Phil Sanderson
03-14-2005, 03:35 PM
...and it is true what they say about Car Salesmen (they need to make a living, they need to feed they're families. they need to pay the mortgage...). It's worked for my brother for 20 years.

You'll love it!

regards
Phil

p.s. the Board's been working fine lately.

DaCan23
03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Congrats Ed....

Keep an eye out for E36 Coupe trades, 5 speed.... under 75k miles.... I could take delivery and visit my Grandma.... kill 2 birds w/ one stone

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all your support guys. It really is exciting. You never know who you're going to meet. And when you deliver a new car, you feel like you're part of it, kinda like you're getting a new car too. So, it's exciting, at least for now. I just hope it doesn't wear out. At least the driving the cars part I know won't!

Can't wait to see the new 3 in person. I do think the rear is a little plain, but as I've often said about the new Bangled cars, you really have to see them in person. I love the Z4, the ass on the 7 I would pass on though, but the new (redesigned) 7 ass does look better.

Incantation
03-14-2005, 04:16 PM
congrats.. and thanks for your constant effort with the server
:)

BennyM
03-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Congrats, Ed. You rule!

Alan_525i
03-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Congrats Ed! Enjoy it.

Robin-535im
03-14-2005, 04:58 PM
That's great Ed! Just Saturday I was thinking what a good job that would be in fact. I bet your enthusiasm and knowledge will make it more fun than work.

Now down to business: What kind of deal could you get us for a group buy on the new ///M5's? If you could sell 3000 of them all at once, do you think they could drop the price down to, say, 10K? :) :)

Best of luck!

Robin

Jr ///M5
03-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Way to go ed!!!!.....You will be right at home with this job, sounds like it was made for you. Think they'll give you one to drive? When I hear of a potential customer, I'll send 'em to you.

Life is short, do what you love, and I know....you love BMW.
Good luck my friend,

Jr

Beez540
03-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Nice! Congrats.

You should see if your dealership would want to be a vendor for members of the site.

Dave M
03-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Congratulations Ed, I hope your parking spot allows the clientele a great view of the e34. Good luck and many thanks for maintaining this great community.

Dave M

MBXB
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Congratulations on the new job, Ed!

You're in the right neighborhood for some good sales numbers. Best of luck.

Ramon

George M
03-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Congrats Ed...beats being a corporate stiff in a lot of ways. Should be win/win for everybody. Hopefully you will sell cars through this board. The biggest issue with buying a used car is trust. You have earned all of our trust Ed...why I think you will be very successful. One consideration is after you get settled, post a listing of some of creme puffs that come your way...low miles E-46 and E-39 trade in's in particular....always somebody looking for something newer...not because they are much better than an E-34 but because they require less maintenance. I would have no issue buying a car sight unseen from you brother. In fact would much rather do that then take my chances with some guy I don't know at the local BMW dealership.
My Best to you Ed in your new job,
George
PS: Wait till they find out how computer savy you are...lol. Who knows, you may be running that place before long. Most sales guys only think windows are to look out of.

Mr. BILL
03-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Congratulations and much success!

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks for everyone's support. I'm meeting many new people, but sales for me are dreadfully slow! They tell me it's the slow season, and I know the new 3er is coming out, so my hopes are up.

LOL George, just had to laugh. Their computers do have issues, but I'm keeping quiet for now. I'm focusing on the sales process right now, an I need more sales to see the process more often, doh!

Yeah, I'll also wait till I settle in a bit more before I see how I might be able to present cars (at least some of the good ones) to you all. Many of the older cars that are traded in go right to auction. One of my sales involved a real clean, low mileage, 1995 525, trade in that I would have bought, or at least recommended. But it went to auction, shame. I've got to play it by ear for now.

Brian C.
03-14-2005, 09:55 PM
HI FRIEND!
THEY CALL ME "GOOD DEAL ED" CUZ I'LL GIVE YOU A GOOD DEAL......AND A GOOD DEAL MORE!!

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR QUALITY? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR VALUE? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A GOOD DEAL???

http://www.bauerfloor.com/used_car_salesman.jpg

WELL YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. "GOOD DEAL ED'S" WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO GET MORE THAN YOU EVER DREAMED OF!! AND A GOOD DEAL MORE!!!
:D :D

Sounds great ed....congrats and best of luck! When I'm ready to buy......I'll head north!
Brian C.
:p

Rick L
03-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff on 41? Hey... I purchase my BMW parts from there. For some reason, I though you were from west cost. Anyway, congratulations! I might bump into you at Knauz BMW... :D

Test drives are awsome!

Rory
03-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Congratulations and best wishes!! I hope the second career is even more successful than the first.

All the best,Rory

emw525E34
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Nice guys deserve good breaks in life. I guess this one is ours, you certainly deserve it. I second George M's comments about trust.

I recently bought a nice E34 Touring from a friend based on that same trust. Its so efficient and satisfying knowing the person and knowing that the person would do the same for you. We have a great community here, unlike other boards.

Even buying new from a dealership requires plenty of effort in haggling to ensure that you got a good deal and not mis-led in our expectations. Hope it all goes well for you. Enjoy, and "make a difference" in that dealership.

Frankie T

Paul in NZ
03-15-2005, 12:54 AM
way to go ED.I am sure your obvious enthusiasm translates into sales for you,!!!!!

Fred Tyler
03-15-2005, 02:52 AM
A bit late, but what a job!
regards fred.

pundit
03-15-2005, 04:14 AM
Well I'm sure the dealership must have a spare parts dept. Okay guys, what do you all need? How about we all rock on down at the same time a do a bulk buy on spares. I'm sure you could arrange a deal for us all... what do you say?!! :D

MicahO
03-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Congratulations Ed!

Now when the e90 330iT (apparently there will be a 330 wagon this time around) comes stateside, and maybe Individual makes an e90 Performance Package, well, perhaps I'll do a Chicago delivery!

Hopefully you get some baubles, Bangles and beads to drive home ;)

scott540
03-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Congrats Ed - on the job and the courage to try something different. I've been going through a "what am I going to do the rest of my life cause I hate what I do now stage" and every time I see an ad for car sales people I always think what if. Keep us posted on how it goes. Scott