PDA

View Full Version : Computer Info on the dash ?

ve39
03-14-2005, 04:38 AM
I don't see my computer information on the dash screen in front, however i do see it when i turn my egnition key in the 1st position. all i see on my dash screen is that my fog lights arn't working which i know so i was thinking do i have to fix that problem in order to see my computer info ?

shogun
03-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Just replace the light bulbs.
See my webpage and go to Johan and Sean's page and in case of OBC bulb replacement to e32fixes.com

Mobius
03-14-2005, 06:56 AM
all i see on my dash screen is that my fog lights arn't working which i know so i was thinking do i have to fix that problem in order to see my computer info ?Yup. Same with any error that pops up while driving. It won't go away until you fix the problem.

Paul_540i
03-14-2005, 02:17 PM
On UK models you can temporarily clear it by pressing the check control button. It will go away allowing you to display the OBC info as normal, with the two > < bits at the end staying illuminated. The warning returns though when you switch off and again on re-start.

Not sure if US cars are the same, but that's how it worked with mine when I had a dip beam warning (bulb blown). Strangely enough I don't think fog lights are monitored on UK models.

ve39
03-14-2005, 03:31 PM
heh no to fix my light bulbs on fog lights i have to do a lot couse i smashed them and wiring went bad so there isn o way i can view computer information on the dash wile i have a problem showing up ?

Paul in NZ
03-15-2005, 01:03 AM
yes as Paul says pushing the cc button on rhs cluster will clear the display but only for that trip Cant you just thave a bulb holder and some bulbs tucked up behind the front apron till you sort new lights.....

shogun
03-15-2005, 01:28 AM
There are priorities in warning signs, 1,2 and 3.
Some only come on when you switch off the car, other immy and will come back when you start the car and so on.
It is all described how to do in the owners manual. Also how to get further messages which cannot be displayed cause you have too many warnings.
If you do now have the owners manual, download here
http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

ve39
03-15-2005, 02:23 AM
no guys i tryed every thing every button but the computer info doesn't come on just the fog light and some times brake light error i can switch between them

shogun
03-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Then just be happy. You have no faults to report at the moment.
But you can check it easily: just remove the plug from the wash water tank (that is probably the easiest one). Then see if you have a warning low wash water.

ve39
03-15-2005, 05:17 AM
may be i didn't explain good i see the problems on my screen what i'm trying to say is that i don't see the onboard computer information on that screen like to view time on the screen where it showes problems

Qsilver7
03-15-2005, 09:20 AM
If you 've had a loss of power (diconnected battery, etc) the instument cluster will need to be re-programmed to display any of the OBC functions on the intrument cluster's display. Try pushing & holding the turn indicator in toward the steering column for approx 3-5 seconds (PROG 1 should appear in the display). Then proceed to push the OBC buttons that you want to "remotely access" in the instrument cluster display. When you've finisned entering your choices, press the OBC's S/R button to set your choices.

These settings get lost everytime the battery is disconnected just like the clock and other OBC stored memory settings.

tdgard
03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
may be i didn't explain good i see the problems on my screen what i'm trying to say is that i don't see the onboard computer information on that screen like to view time on the screen where it showes problems

ve39
03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
i did try setting it up Qsilver7 still nothing would work not sure what's going one not sure why it would work on position #1 of a key turn but not in other position