PDA

View Full Version : Custom Exhaust clips!

Jon K
03-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, she's done. I finally fitted the B&B M5 Triflo on. Yes it's loud. Yes it's obnoxious. Yes I love it.
Details:

Stock M50 1.75" dual exhaust eliminated...

Manifold down pipe to 2.0" Magnaflow Hi-Flow Catalytics (Dual 4.2L capacity)
2.25" US M5 3.6L B&B Triflo cat-back system. All welded except for the muffler section, which I had the shop clamp (just like triflo is by default) just for that "just in case" should I want to run straight pipes for track etc once the blower is on.

The verdict is... it's freaking awesome. Martin (Bahnstormer) came down from North Jersey to hear it because he is interested in a Triflo system also. He recorded some mini-dv examples and such so people can hear what this sort of system sounds like. For now, though, here is a vid clip we made with my Canon G5:

Right-click and Save-as (http://e34.digital7.com/exhaust1.avi)

Thanks guys!

bahnstormer
03-13-2005, 01:38 AM
i'll get that vid up tommorow morning, a bit late now =]

Black 535i
03-13-2005, 09:24 AM
... now when I am late from work my wife knows when I am arriving and she can stop worrying.

Hey guys, she's done. I finally fitted the B&B M5 Triflo on. Yes it's loud. Yes it's obnoxious. Yes I love it.
Details:

Stock M50 1.75" dual exhaust eliminated...

Manifold down pipe to 2.0" Magnaflow Hi-Flow Catalytics (Dual 4.2L capacity)
2.25" US M5 3.6L B&B Triflo cat-back system. All welded except for the muffler section, which I had the shop clamp (just like triflo is by default) just for that "just in case" should I want to run straight pipes for track etc once the blower is on.

The verdict is... it's freaking awesome. Martin (Bahnstormer) came down from North Jersey to hear it because he is interested in a Triflo system also. He recorded some mini-dv examples and such so people can hear what this sort of system sounds like. For now, though, here is a vid clip we made with my Canon G5:

Right-click and Save-as (http://e34.digital7.com/exhaust1.avi)

Thanks guys!

Johntee540
03-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Tri-flo Rocks! I had it on my M Roadster and Now my 540. Billy Boat is the best. - JT

632 Regal
03-13-2005, 04:23 PM
bet it sounds real cool on the V8.

willobmw
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Jon you make the best videos. You definitely can not sneak up on anybody with the Tri Flow. My Eisenmann sounds stock in comparison. My 2002 may still have you beat though. :p
Willo

BFEINZIMER
11-19-2006, 01:10 PM
can u re upload please, i am thinking about buying one

Jon K
11-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey guys - I have since removed my entire exhaust because I went turbo.

Exhaust Movie (http://www.blowneuroz.com/fileone.mov)

its a 30mb or so video clip a friend made for me. The high pitched whine you hear is my supercharger I used to have.

I then went to a very loud obnoxious straight exhaust from my turbo back, but just this weekend I went and put on a real muffler. Its so relaxing to hav e a decently quiet car.