PDA

View Full Version : IYO Best speakers: Alpine, Eclipse Infinity, Other?

bondheli
03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
In your opinion; Best speakers: Alpine, Eclipse Infinity, Other?

Tiger
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Focal Poly Kevlar, ADS and Dynaudio. All other major brands only the component sets are worth considering.

Johntee540
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
MbQuart actually have 2 series of speakers that will fit the factory mounts and provide really good sound stage. - JT

Jon K
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
MB Quart Q Series if you have the $ to drop

rockyfeller
03-11-2005, 01:12 AM
How much $$ u wanna spend? Sky is the limit. More expensive dosen't always mean better sound but usually does. Pioneer makes cheap speakers that'll kick a Bose speaker's butt. Personally I like Infinity Kappa Perfect series Subs. Best value, specs, accurate, efficient and clean sound.

Incantation
03-11-2005, 03:28 AM
focal polyglass 165v2
probably out of your price range though

bondheli
03-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I was thinking about the Infinity Kappa series. Do you have them in your car?

Jason
03-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I have the components all the way around and a bass link in the trunk. I think they def sound pretty good esp for the money.

Brett619310
03-11-2005, 12:38 PM
MB Quart Q Series if you have the $ to drop Careful... be sure to listen to MB Quarts before you make a decision. While they have audiophile sound quality, the can tend to emphasize highs and may sound a little too sharp on the treble for many people's taste. A lot depends on your taste of music and personal preference, but I think MB Quarts are great for 80's pop type music and jazz, but not hip-hop, r&b, house, etc...

From what has been mentioned on this thread so far, I have heard Dynaudio and Infinity Kappa Perfect. Dynaudio is my preference for a wide range of music and just sounds right to me, but can be on the pricey side. If you go with Kappa's, I would recommend the Perfect series otherwise you aren't getting much of an upgrade. The regular Kappa's are fine, but you aren't gaining that much from stock for all the trouble. I've heard great things about a/d/s, but haven't listened to them in person.

***EDIT***: One good thing about MB Quarts is they tend to be very BMW friendly. When I was looking at them for my E36, they had a 3 component set made exactly to fit the 3-series. Maybe because they are a German company (probably Bavarian, but just a guess)?

califblue
03-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Go here for Damn Good deals
http://www.thezeb.com

These are nice!
http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-M-519S-Imaging-System-108390.htm

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-HD-5EF-5-1-4-inch-Midbass-Speakers-106281.htm

ericbendler
11-28-2005, 03:22 AM
Diamond Audio

and Soundstream amps for good measure

angrypancake
11-28-2005, 03:49 AM
I have Polk/Momo components and I'm very pleased with them. I think the "to each his own" is in order, for there will never be a specific answer. I'm sure that there's better speakers out there for my car, and it just takes some time and effort. A little extra money to invest helps out too. I've heard JL Audio makes some badass components, but hey, MB Quart is very good too. And it just continues...