PDA

View Full Version : Wind Noise/rain sheils/etk

Paul in NZ
02-18-2004, 08:13 PM
My car was really noisy coming in to work today(was fine yesterday!) with a wind noise seemingly emanating from middle and bottom of the windsheild.Bill R posted a reply to an earlier query which sealed the rainsheild to the body.I looked at my rainsheild and there seems to be a 1/4 or 1/2 in strip missing from the middle where the two halves join.Can someone post an etk pic.Is there a middle "joining strip"?And how do you get those clips out?????

myles
02-18-2004, 08:45 PM
I can't find them in the etk. My car doesn't have anything between the two parts. The clips are 2 pieces. You need to use a small flat blade screwdriver to separate the 2 sections by a couple of mm and then the clip will come out as 1 piece.

Myles

Paul in NZ
02-18-2004, 09:00 PM
the rainsheild(as I understand it) is the plastic cover in front of the windscreen.It has vent holes cut in for air intake and the wiper shafts come up through it.

DueyT
02-18-2004, 09:43 PM
the rainsheild(as I understand it) is the plastic cover in front of the windscreen.It has vent holes cut in for air intake and the wiper shafts come up through it.
Paul, I think this is what you're looking for. 15 expanded is "Covering, left / right" and 16 is the little expansion stud that secures the shield to the frame. I can't find anything in between the covers in the ETK, and in fact, there is nothing in between the cover halves on my car either...except for some foam tape to keep the cover from buzzing at 130km/h+ ;-)

Cheers,
Duey

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Duey/TIS-rain1.jpg

Paul in NZ
02-18-2004, 09:51 PM
further investigation required.Thanks duey

Paul in NZ
02-18-2004, 10:26 PM
every now and then i drive the last few blocks to my house with all the windows down listening to the straight six m30 with a slightly throaty rear muffler :p .when i park in the garage i dont always wind the windows up real tight..i remember reading somewhere about some little plastic part....guess what my noise is!!!
repeat after me....check the obvious first ...check the obvious first................