PDA

View Full Version : New tire time/front suspension work

rickm
03-09-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm getting the shakes, have for a while (not like I spend a lot of time in the 55mph range). Ordering the following:

lower control arms (l/r)
thrust arms (l/r)
750 bushings
bilstein sport struts (l strut is leaking a bit now)
new bump stops
ball joint (l only due to some issues)

Am I missing anything? Should I replace the upper control arms also?

Tirewise....I have stock bottlecaps (15"), can I run a 60 or should I stick with a 65?

TIA,
rick (who is never here anymore)

billb
03-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm getting the shakes, have for a while (not like I spend a lot of time in the 55mph range). Ordering the following:

lower control arms (l/r)
thrust arms (l/r)
750 bushings
new bump stops

Tirewise....I have stock bottlecaps (15"), can I run a 60 or should I stick with a 65?

TIA,

tie rod ends
center link
pitman arm
idler arm

I did all the above about 30k miles ago, and it made a WORLD of difference!

JD525IA
03-09-2005, 12:58 PM
?

lower control arms (l/r)
thrust arms (l/r)
750 bushings
new bump stops

TIA,

632 Regal
03-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi Rick, whats up?

Dont need bumpstops with the bilstein sports, there built into them shocks. If money isnt an object then replace the uppers, if it is an object then you should have them inspected before you guess.

Take care!

Bill R.
03-09-2005, 01:17 PM
you replace both the thrust arm and the lower control arm then you've replaced both ball joints already since they are part of the arms...As Bill B said you might want to check the tie rod ends and the center link and idler arm also..and the upper strut bearings or strut mounts whichever term you prefer...

lower control arms (l/r)
thrust arms (l/r)
750 bushings
new bump stops

TIA,

rickm
03-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Regal:

Not much, same old/same old. About ready to start a new job that's going to have me driving my own car more (until they get me a car), so I want to make sure this thing is running sweet before then. Other than that nada.

Patrick hooked me up, I'm ordering in the morning. While I'm at it I'll replace everything up there...when summer rolls around I'll do the rear shocks and related material.

Tires...with 60 series fit on the 15x7 rim? Or is that too much?

bondheli
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
You mentioned new tire time... I had violent shakes at 55+ awhile back and thought I needed a wheel balance. Turns out one of my tires was just a little too bald. I got new tires and that fixed the problem right up. I was shocked because the tire did not look extreamly bald.

632 Regal
03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Regal:

Not much, same old/same old. About ready to start a new job that's going to have me driving my own car more (until they get me a car), so I want to make sure this thing is running sweet before then. Other than that nada.

Patrick hooked me up, I'm ordering in the morning. While I'm at it I'll replace everything up there....when summer rolls around I'll do the rear shocks and related material.

Tires...with 60 series fit on the 15x7 rim? Or is that too much? :D

632 Regal
03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
will fit no problemo.

rickm
03-09-2005, 07:48 PM
will fit no problemo.

Jeez....938.00 in parts already. :D