PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky turn signal lever healed!

billb
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
After living with a squeaky turn signal lever for about 3 years now, I finally got a burr under my saddle last night and went after it. I removed the plastic screw from the underside of the column trim, then detached the lower trim from the upper. Pulled it down, actuated the lever a few times, and determined it needed some white lithium grease sprayed at the front of the switch. That healed it instantly. If anyone else has a squeaky turn signal, look there first!

Oh, and I've managed to perfect replacing the driver's seat fuse without removing the seat bottom (childseat is mounted in passenger's side rear) by just prying up the left side. Works like a charm, done it twice in a month. I've GOT to find out why that fuse keeps blowing!

Jr ///M5
03-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Usually it's a short in the switch that causes the fuse to blow. The 318iS was blowing the window fuses until I replaced the window switches. Just before I replaced the switches, I had the window down and noticed the little lights not lit up on the switches. Suddenly a huge thunderstorm boiled up out of nowhere and I got drenched before I could find shelter, the switches were replaced the next day. No problem since.

Maybe your seat switch is shorted. Does it pop the fuse only when you adjust the seat? Narrow it down to which adjustment causes it and replace that switch.

Jr

Jr