PDA

View Full Version : AAAAARRGH! My floor carpet is wet!!

NielsGalan
03-09-2005, 07:21 AM
We were changing the subframe mounts (what a difference! Smoooooth ride!) and after that I was on the backseat rocking the car back and forth, just to see that everything was in place.
My brother, under the car noticed a lot of water coming out of the big round hole thingy with a cover right under the rear floor mats. That's when we noticed that the carpet under the mats was soaked.

The round "lid" under the car is not 100% tight. Seems that while driving in the rain water comes in throgh there and soaks the carpet. is is safe to assume that?

Can I seal the hole down there without getting myself into trouble later? What is it for??

Thanks.
Niels

shogun
03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Do you have a sunroof? If so, check if the drain hoses might be clogged. Just open the sunroff and pour wate into the area where the drain holes are. There are plastic hoses which go down thru the pillars and end in the sills under the doors. If the drain holes are clogged or if the hoses are full of dirt, you might also get water into the car. Water should come immy out under the car thru the small slots.
Use the online spare parts catalog to see where the drain hole and the hoses are.

philbyil
03-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Get some grass trimmer "string" (the thicker kind) and run it down the drains a couple of times.