PDA

View Full Version : Carpet stain....need advise.

Adam
02-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Coffee stains.......anybody recommend some tips.....i've used almost
everything.

Thanks

mikey535im
02-18-2004, 07:14 PM
everything.

Thanks
:(
http://www.mrbreakfast.com/feature_dd_coffeestains.asp

gale
02-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I bought a gallon of this stuff for $17, and it takes out anything:

http://www.bluegoldcleaners.com

You can use it on anything that is safe to wipe down with water. I was covered in grease from head to toe after spending 3 days under the car doing the transmission swap and put a few ounces in with the laundry soap to wash my Levis and it took every spec of grease out of them as if I had never worn them.

Phil M
02-18-2004, 09:37 PM
:)

Brian C.
02-18-2004, 10:11 PM
everything.

Thanks

gordon
02-19-2004, 06:29 AM
I would hold off on hairspray and lighterfluid until you exhaust the water based stuff... try windex first....

NoSpeedLimits
02-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Starter Fluid, Starter Fluid, Starter Fluid....

Ancient Chinese secret! Don't be afraid, it works! Apply liberally and let sit for a little bit (15 seconds) and wipe clean with absorbant cloth...repeat as needed.

Absolutely NO lighters or matches.... :)

Derek A.
02-19-2004, 08:06 AM
I had my carpet cleaned recently and talked to the guys about what they use. Form what they told me there are a couple of critical elements. Heat and an evaporating cleaning agent. This place used an alchohal based cleaning solution. You need to be careful that wharever you put into the carpet you can get out, otherwise it will attract dirt and continue to show the stain. My dad's neighboor has a carpet cleaning service. He did my car one with his hand wand. You might want to contact a carpet cleaning service and have them treat the stain and clean your carpet.

Brian C.
02-19-2004, 08:21 AM
You had to see "My big fat Greek wedding" to understand that.

Brian C.
;)

Eric
02-19-2004, 12:31 PM
cleaner that is great on spots. Spray it on, and blot the stain until gone. 3 dogs, 6 cats, 3 horses... we use it a lot (unfortunately!)
Always test the surface for colorfastness first.

Robin-535im
02-19-2004, 03:01 PM
everything.

Thanks

Whenever I sell a car I buy a bottle of Shout or the equivalent laundry stain treatment. Spray it on the carpet liberally and work it well in with your fingers. Use a rental steam cleaner like Rug Doctor and it will make your carpet look brand new. Won't bleach or stain the rest of your car and it isn't as toxic as other solvents.

Let them dry completely before locking them up in the car to avoid mildew, of course.

People will look inside and say "man - this looks brand new!"

- Robin