PDA

View Full Version : Should windows operate w/key off and out?

billy in slo
03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't think so but mine have started to do just that, though randomly. Any explanation?

632 Regal
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
you can roll the windows up and down, after you shut the car off and remove the key only until you open one of the doors...kinda cool.

billy in slo
03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks Jeff, that is fricking amazing, another very cool feature of a 15 year old car.(I love the "turn and hold the key in the door till all the windows and sunroof close" feature and sometimes leave things open just to use it.

Garlic Breath
03-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks Jeff, that is fricking amazing, another very cool feature of a 15 year old car.(I love the "turn and hold the key in the door till all the windows and sunroof close" feature and sometimes leave things open just to use it. Slick as **** on a hot summer day. I remember a few years back there was a VW commercial boasting this option. Some dude acting goofy in the driveway playing around with the windows calling out to the wife and she comes out to see what he's doing and just turns around and slams the front door in his face. :)

Paul in NZ
03-08-2005, 02:56 AM
actually i think every thing still works until a door is opened and closed

Dave535Phoenix
03-08-2005, 07:39 AM
I like that feature. I wish they would've done the same thing with the radio...

Tcdoe
03-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Wow, just when I thought I'd found all the cool "hidden" features. :) I guess I should get an owner's manual..

BradHouser
03-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I love the "turn and hold the key in the door till all the windows and sunroof close" feature and sometimes leave things open just to use it.

This works on the convertibles with automatic tops too. You park, get out of the car, decide it really may rain, insert the key, and your friends watch as you do all the work. :D

Brad H