PDA

View Full Version : Can't get radio code to work

Jon K
03-06-2005, 12:49 PM
i got the radio code for my sisters head unit from the dealer. The serial the print-out has matches the serial on her unit. I can't, however, for the life of me get the radio to take the code. I enter it, i think its 65442 off the top of my head, and after i hit the "2" the radio beeps but still says CODE... argh!

liquidtiger720
03-06-2005, 01:24 PM
wait for an hour (or was it longer?) with the radio on before attempting again.

winfred
03-06-2005, 04:28 PM
it's anywear from one to two hours with the radio on and untouched depending on the unit for it to reset, if it beeps while inputting the code start over, input the wrong code a few times and it pisses off the radio and it needs to sit with the power onto reset

Qsilver7
03-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Try entering the code with the ignition in POSITION 1 ... not position 2. And if you had 3 failed attempts...definitely leave the ignition in position 1 and the radio on for 1 hour before trying to re-enter the CODE.

uscharalph
08-24-2005, 01:05 AM
it's anywear from one to two hours with the radio on and untouched depending on the unit for it to reset, if it beeps while inputting the code start over, input the wrong code a few times and it pisses off the radio and it needs to sit with the power onto reset
Of all the times for me to need this post, but the battery passed the test. I had to reset my radio tonight.

bahnstormer
08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
i always enter the code with the engine running?

but w/e

wolfpack
02-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Try entering the code with the ignition in POSITION 1 ... not position 2. And if you had 3 failed attempts...definitely leave the ignition in position 1 and the radio on for 1 hour before trying to re-enter the CODE.

Does anyone know if the 6 disc changer also has some kind of anti-theft mechanism? I used this trick to reset my radio after a battery drain, but it won't recognize the changer (I did not have it plugged in at the time). Is there trickery involved here or do I just have a busted changer? (Changer loads and unloads discs just fine, motors all spin up, just the radio never "recognizes" it when I plug it in).

Russell
02-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I had to wait about an hour or so after I messed up the radio reset procedure three times. I reset the radio code after I ran a few errands. I may have also had the engine running when I did the reset. Not sure as it it was at least a year ago. Hope this helps.

i got the radio code for my sisters head unit from the dealer. The serial the print-out has matches the serial on her unit. I can't, however, for the life of me get the radio to take the code. I enter it, i think its 65442 off the top of my head, and after i hit the "2" the radio beeps but still says CODE... argh!

Bill R.
02-12-2006, 10:24 AM
what seemed like well over an hour and i also had to make sure that the battery was fully charged.

I had to wait about an hour or so after I messed up the radio reset procedure three times. I reset the radio code after I ran a few errands. I may have also had the engine running when I did the reset. Not sure as it it was at least a year ago. Hope this helps.