PDA

View Full Version : how do u pull out d rear seat?

pong
03-06-2005, 12:31 PM
im am having problems removing the rear seat... the manual says that u have to pull it up to remove it... tried pulling it that way... tried pulling it forward first before up... it doesnt disengage too... what is the proper way to remove it?

btw, how do u remove the rear headrests?

SRR2
03-06-2005, 12:45 PM
im am having problems removing the rear seat... the manual says that u have to pull it up to remove it... tried pulling it that way... tried pulling it forward first before up... it doesnt disengage too... what is the proper way to remove it?
Well, the manual would be right. You have to get your fingers between the seat bottom and the pedestal and pull up. Hard. Do not pull forward. Up. Hard. First one side and then the other.

Mobius
03-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Rear headrests have to be removed totally - they just pull up and come out.

The plastic surrounding the headrest base has to be removed as well, as it's secured to a bracket that does not come out with the rear seat.

You'll probably be a lot more successful after you've done this.

jplacson
03-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh!!! I can answer this one!!! (Since I just recently learned how to do this myself)

Sit on one side of the rear bench... then lift your butt up (hover over the seat)... clamp your hands on the front of the bench (find the lip) then yank up... real hard. You can jerk it if you want. Just be careful not to bash your head on the roof of the car if your tall.

Do the same on the other side.

Just so you can understand it better, there are metal tabs that go straight down on each side... so pulling forward won't do anything.

Once each side has been popped up... tilt the seat bench upward then pull out. :)

pong
03-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Rear headrests have to be removed totally - they just pull up and come out.

The plastic surrounding the headrest base has to be removed as well, as it's secured to a bracket that does not come out with the rear seat.

You'll probably be a lot more successful after you've done this.

they just come out?... ive been trying to yank it up but it still doesnt want to budge!

Qsilver7
03-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh!!! I can answer this one!!! (Since I just recently learned how to do this myself)

Sit on one side of the rear bench... then lift your butt up (hover over the seat)... clamp your hands on the front of the bench (find the lip) then yank up... real hard. You can jerk it if you want. Just be careful not to bash your head on the roof of the car if your tall.

Do the same on the other side.

Just so you can understand it better, there are metal tabs that go straight down on each side... so pulling forward won't do anything.

Once each side has been popped up... tilt the seat bench upward then pull out. :)

The only difference is ... I'm a two fister proponent ... instead of doing one side at a time...straddle the hump (one foot on each side), with your back resting against the seat and your butt hovering above the seat bottom ... then grab hold of the seat bottom and pull like a man! ;)

Hope this make it clear. :D

pong
03-07-2005, 11:06 AM
there... got the seat out... i still couldnt get the head rests out

jplacson
03-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Just pull them straight out. Just don't smash the rear windsheild doing it! :P

pong
03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
there got the head rests out but the back rest does not pull down...

there is a space though between the seat and the part at the back with the speakers (what the heck is the term for this)