PDA

View Full Version : E34 factory options?

pundit
03-06-2005, 06:14 AM
I have a '90 535iA Executive with leather, sunroof, cruise control, rear headrests & rollerblind etc. I'm trying to work out what factory options were available beyond the standard Executive spec? My Executive also came with a M-Tech wheel, dual climate control, electric memory seats & auto dipping rearview mirror which I believe are additional options. I have seen what appears to be Excecutives (leather, cruise control & sunroof) both with & without rear headrests & rollerblinds. I thought all Executives came with these?

John B.
03-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I thought all of the U.S. 535s came with leather, sunroof & cruise but I could be wrong.

shogun
03-06-2005, 09:21 AM
That is where it starts to become complicated. Pundit lives in Australia.
And he says he has km indication instead of miles. Could it be that the car was imported as used car from Japan, or do you have km in Australia too?
There were many versions for various countries.

myles
03-06-2005, 05:33 PM
The executive pack was something the BMW Australia formulated. It does include leather, sunroof, cruise, rear headrests and the roller blind. Cruise was dropped on the later execs. The M-Tech wheel was also something that appears on all 535s that I have seen in Australia, though different year models get a different M-Tech wheel. The rest of your options are options. Have a look at this for more info. It is not 100% accurate, but is reasonably good.
http://www.bimmer.info/articles/take5_535ireview/take5page6.jpg

pundit
03-06-2005, 06:48 PM
That is where it starts to become complicated. Pundit lives in Australia.
And he says he has km indication instead of miles. Could it be that the car was imported as used car from Japan, or do you have km in Australia too?
There were many versions for various countries.We have had KM's over here since the 1970's and it is an Australian delivered 535i.

Alan_525i
03-06-2005, 06:54 PM
I added rear headrests to my car this winter. Would LOVE the rear roller blind. Expensive though.

I think you could get cloth in the 535 in the early years if you requested it. I have cloth in my 525 but have every other option other than memory seats (I dont think the dual zone auto climate was avail in 1990).

Nick.Hay
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
This is really bizarre...

Mine is a '90 535i exec. It doesn't have sunroof, cruise or leather. Dad's '89 525i has cruise and armrests!!

I'd love an auto-dipping mirror, cruise, armrests, headlight warning gong (on that note, I love the way angel-eye clusters on E46/E39 do the auto-adjust-dipping-thing when you turn them on), electric seats, parked ventilation, sunroof and... floormats!!

Now thats an expensive shopping list... ;)

emw525E34
03-18-2005, 12:45 AM
The Australian cars are right-hand driver and are probably the UK version in spec during that era. These days BMW becomes really globalised in their options (maybe the US excluded ?).
Japan and taiwan do have right-hand drive cars imported into australia as used cars though.

auto-dipping mirrors and roller-blinds, I could do with.

infinity5
03-18-2005, 01:08 AM
how hard is it to install the roller blind? i'd really like to have one...

digitaldragon03
03-18-2005, 01:45 AM
what is a roller blind, lol.

Kalevera
03-18-2005, 02:02 AM
it's a sun shade that resides in the back window. A luxo option standard on most 7 series e38s (and maybe later year e32's? I don't know, shogun would) in the US. I guess it'd be good if you've got occasion to cart around heads of state and what not, or if you just want to protect the leather seatbacks a bit more from the angry sun....but, from my perspective, I'm always in the driver's seat, so it doesn't affect me, and I rarely have passengers.

best, whit

Paul in NZ
03-18-2005, 04:13 AM
yes i think you are right shogun,my 1990 car is a euro spec car,although as a sport it has its own option list....but with pundit i have rear headrests,and dual zone auto a/c and m tech wheel with electirc leather recaros.I have headlight washers and intensive clean,and i have never seen a e 34 witout a sunroof.I would like a rear sunshade to protect the rear seats and head rests too.I dont think we had SE spec cars here...