PDA

View Full Version : led replacement interior bulbs

Dan in NZ
03-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I've come across a local supplier of direct replacement led bulbs. Quite genius actually, they have the exact same exterior as several different filament bulbs, but are packed with leds inside. The 31mm interior bulbs contain 4 super white leds. I'm thinking of swapping all four interior bulbs for these led ones... What do you guys think?

I like the cool white light that comes from super white leds, and having the car light up like that could be quite novel. They also come in red, green and vlue, but I think that's a bit too bling...

infinity5
03-05-2005, 11:57 PM
i think thats a great idea, especailly for the map lights up in front and the vanity mirror lights. i wonder how it looks.

i'd go for some dark blue ones.. and then wire them so they slowly light up.. heheheheh. i think the novelty would wear off in a about a week and then i'd be cursing at them digging for something at night and them not really providing any light at all. still... i could put a little disco ball hanging from the rearview..

pundit
03-06-2005, 01:43 AM
...They also come in red, green and vlue, but I think that's a bit too bling...
Yaaah!... Blingkrieg Motoren Werke! :D

2fast
03-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Sound's cool dude Hey i'm in NZ to! CH-CH

Tcdoe
03-06-2005, 05:54 AM
I tried these led replacement bulbs, but wasn't too happy with the result. The problem was that they acted like spotlights compared to the normal bulbs which spread the light evenly. But mine may have been a of a different type. So let us know how it worked.

Dan in NZ
03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Sound's cool dude Hey i'm in NZ to! CH-CH

That's hot. I used to live in Christchurch, up until 2002 when the family moved to Queenstown and I went off to university in Dunedin. Still get up there a few times a year to see friends etc, when I feel like a road trip!