PDA

View Full Version : "ended" Part numbers in the ETK

infinity5
03-05-2005, 11:17 PM
When i'm looking through the online ETK and an item has several part numbers, which one do i need to know when i go to buy something, from say patrick or the dealer? sometimes the previous part numbers will say 'ended,' and then i assume i just go with the latest, un-ended, one (i guess they updated the part and stopped producing the older one)?

And sometimes a single item will be listed several times, with different part numbers, and no explanations as to the difference (no produciton dates, ended, or even sizes, etc). how do i figure out what to use?

i'm currently assembling a nice neat tidy excel spread sheet of all the items, descriptions, fucntions, and part numbers (with the little reference picture) for the various parts of my power steering system that need to be replaced. (want a copy?) I'm noticing a lot of items, particularly bolts and washers, will have several part numbers and also several sizes listed with them and i'd like to know which one i need before i get on the phone to order it all.

bahnstormer
03-05-2005, 11:33 PM
i bet u could reuse most of the bolts and washers...
they don't reall break =]