PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my car

e34owner
03-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Hello All

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have the following problems on my '90 525i 5 speed, and I would like your help to id them.

1. When the engine is running on low revs in neutral, I can hear pulsing sound and feel vibration in the car, but when I push the clutch, the pulsing stops. I think it started after I had the problem with my alternator, which was later rebuild.

2. When I sift the gears in low revs, I can hear banging from the rear (maybe differential) and vibration like something is loose.

3. I have problem with my trunk lock (button). Before when I press it, it was hard getting it back, but now it is very hard to press it and get it back, I have to use screwdriver to pull it back.

Thanks

winfred
03-05-2005, 11:12 PM
1. When the engine is running on low revs in neutral, I can hear pulsing sound and feel vibration in the car, but when I push the clutch, the pulsing stops. I think it started after I had the problem with my alternator, which was later rebuild.

possibly the twin mass flywheel is worn and rattling

2. When I sift the gears in low revs, I can hear banging from the rear (maybe differential) and vibration like something is loose.

id be looking at tranny mounts or flex coupler first, then possible bad driveshaft

3. I have problem with my trunk lock (button). Before when I press it, it was hard getting it back, but now it is very hard to press it and get it back, I have to use screwdriver to pull it back.

lube the hell outta it