PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Electrical Stuff

The Melmaan
03-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Guys....
I have some weird problems with the electrical on my 93 E34.
It started with the locking mechanism.
I tried so many times to do a sync but it did not fix the problem. I was going to buy a GM (Gen Mod) but somebody else beat me on Ebay. What resorted to since I bought an alarm (Clifford) which has the keyless entry feature, I had installed a mechanism with each door to just pop-up the lock when I press the button. Fine, alls well.
The next thing is:
My Freaking Auto Windows!!!!
The problem is when I first start the car, the window switch will not work (even the sun roof), then after driving the car for 2 to 4 minutes, all the switches starts working again. I opened up the switch and clean them using WD40. The problem still happenned.
Any ideas of kicking the freaking gremlins out of the car?
It is already getting to my nerves.
:( :( :( :(

KeithW '91 535i
03-05-2005, 12:52 AM
If yes ,tell me if your interior lights are functioning when you open the door. Also, at the time, do your wipes work as they should in all switch positions?
The combination of all is what I am working on. Read my posts from the past couple of days.

Keith in AZ

The Melmaan
03-06-2005, 12:35 AM
It is the lock and windows that goes whacko. As far as the wiper and lights, they are still ok. I'm trying to look for your thread.

Javier
03-06-2005, 08:45 AM
un-loader relay K15, and metering resistor inside GM from X332 pin 4 and X332 pin 5.

This post may help, besides Keith posts.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9950

To see Keith posts, click his ID, select View public profile, and then select Find all threads started by Keith.

Javier