PDA

View Full Version : Going to downtown Detroit for the night - making your e34 look like crap

Derek A.
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Autorama is going on down in Detroit tonight. Have not washed the car in days, took my winter wheel covers off, will put a bunch of old newsprint on the rear parcel shelf. Hopefully my e34 will not get touched on its visit to Detroit.

http://www.opus45.com/pics/crap_e34.jpg

632 Regal
03-04-2005, 05:52 PM
hopefully you can park it in a discreet area where they wont see the grill or tail lights.

Brian C.
03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
But then, I know a diamond in the rough! :p

Brian C.

Kalevera
03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
hmm...looks like Fritz will in two or three days of driving around in Cleveland (minus some paint and + a lot of dings).

Nice color combo, though, isn't it? :)

You could pull the head rests...then they'd really leave you alone.

Best, whit

Paul in NZ
03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
maybe remove stereo and obc,candy wrappers etc on floor

Robin-535im
03-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I like it. We might have to make a new category for the virtual car show for "least likely to be stolen."

Paul in NZ
03-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I like it. We might have to make a new category for the virtual car show for "least likely to be stolen."

speaking of car shows??????

Incantation
03-04-2005, 08:40 PM
hnmm looks like my car did before i got started modding

632 Regal
03-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I do relly like the virtual car show idea for least likely to be stolen, I mean who wants to take pics of theit ugly **** but knows its disgusting as is, we all have our cars in the least of their peak. I might have an edge living 1 mile off the main road on a mud road...hehe

Patrick
03-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Like I told DueyT when he posted a pic of his E34 with his winter wheels on -"It's got that Iraqi police car 'look' to it."
I think for the next virtual car show it should be a requirement that the owner has to be included in the picture -then it might get really interesting/ugly.

Paul in NZ
03-04-2005, 11:24 PM
I think thats a really good idea Patrick,that way we can really start to put a face to a car/name

Kalevera
03-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Jeff, I got you beat -- not only was my car's underbody caked with mud from the PO's living in the middle of nowhere, but it also has 10 million dents, everywhere, including a nasty one on the rear pass quarter panel right on a body crease.

Between the bullseyed windshield, lack of paint, and myriad dents, nobody's got my E34 beat on ghettoness...at least, until I start working on the exterior :)

Best, whit

DueyT
03-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Patrick, I'm still chuckling over the Iraqi police car thing... :) I just came back from a wekk in Ottawa and the car was absolutely crapped on by the road. The road service guys have a new salting system...it's not solid salt anymore, they actually spray a heated, salt liquid over the road....I had the misfortune of passing by one, was puzzled when I didn't hear the clinking of salt bits, then got a complete spray of liquid salt over the whole car! Holy crap...covered in a fine white mist! To make it owrse, the local high-pressure touchless wash I go to is busted today! >:-(

Duey

Derek A.
03-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Here we see the vehicle in its natural environment - The Detroit Cobo Hall Parking garage. Complete with news print and grocery bag on the back parcel shelf. You will also notice the "I don't care" POS parking job. All in all the car was safe, mission successful. Not its off to the shop for a bath.
http://www.opus45.com/pics/crap_e342.jpg

misfortune
03-05-2005, 11:02 AM
But then, I know a diamond in the rough! :p

Brian C.
Sadly my e34 still looks worse. I should tkae pics for comedy value.

Johntee540
03-05-2005, 11:05 AM
What I would do is fill up a bunch of ratty looking black trash bags and fill up the back seat with them. Put a milk crate back there wtih other things to make it look lived in. Bad guys never steal homeless guys cars.... its some sort of professional courtesy - JT

pundit
03-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Autorama is going on down in Detroit tonight. Have not washed the car in days, took my winter wheel covers off, will put a bunch of old newsprint on the rear parcel shelf. Hopefully my e34 will not get touched on its visit to Detroit.

A couple of used condoms hanging from the rearview mirror and a rubber doggy 'doo doo' on the dash works a treat!! :D
You can even leave it unlocked with the keys in the ignition! :p

avitt2
03-05-2005, 08:04 PM
There's no road salt down here in Southern CA, and my car doesn't have too many dents or dings, so I scare punks off with an "I love my Nikasil V8" bumper sticker!

Brian C.
03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
NOW it really does look like some POS that I wouldn't look twice at! :p

How about a few Mikey D's coffee cups thrown on the front dash area too?? And maybe a quick "dental-floss" de-badging and de-roundeling. Great parking job!

Brian C.
;)

632 Regal
03-05-2005, 09:21 PM
"I love my Nikasil V8" bumper sticker!
I could print thousands but probably only sell like 5, margins not hogh enough to market em.

Brian C.
03-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Duey, Duey, Duey......and you're willingly living there?? Hard to believe. Not to brag or anything, but today I took my parents(Dad=90, Mom's B-day=88 today...woo-hoo!)out on a picnic today to a shady park by the beach. 74 degrees in the sun, not a cloud in the sky, nice little breeze.....it couldn't have been nicer. You need to come down and work at SouthCom. :p

And in 30+ years here I've never heard anyone talk about their cars rusting-out from the "salt air". Having lived my 1st 11 years in North Tonawanda, NY, I know that it's just REALLY getting cold there now! ;) How's your winter going?

Brian C.