PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Lights on full beam...WTF??

Triv
03-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Hello again

More problems.....my lights flicker (only slightly) when on full beam! I have no problems with the charging circuit and no obvious switch problems etc, could it be the LKM or something? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Triv
03-04-2005, 10:06 AM
No electricians here then?

tim
03-04-2005, 10:10 AM
One or both could be loose in their housings (inspect, tighten and re-aim if nec.) Or the connections could be loose/fouled (spray some electrical contact fluid/ dielectric grease or vaseline). Or the bulbs themselves have the filament bouncing around (r&r). I doubt its the LKM without other symptoms but I suppose it could be.

spider55
03-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Try the headlight module.
There is a fantastic thread on the headlight module, if you do a search you will locate it .
It helped me about 18mths ago my lights where completly dropping out, great fun when cruising at 120ks in the dark.
A bit of solder and all was fine.

Regards Phil.

Tiger
03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
If car is stationary and light flickers, then LKM is possible culprit. Take it apart and clean the contact points of the relay...

Javier
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
the most probable cause is LKM High Beam relay, relay main contact is wired between pin 2 and pin 20 of X12 connector to the LKM. Just check/re-solder all LKM components in this path.

This is a picture of LKM connector.

Javier