PDA

View Full Version : Embarrasing rear seat removal help!

Triv
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
I feel a bit of a dork with this one.......how the hell do I remove the rear seat (the back part), I have removed the four 10mm nuts and pulled the seats out of the spring clips either side and I can see the bracket holding the seat against the car but it will not lift up no matter what I do.
Please help, the seats have rear headrests fitted and the resistance to lift seems to be coming from there, have I missed something? Do I need to do anything about the headrests in order to remove the seat?

HELP ME...

Mobius
03-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Yes. The rear headrests and the plastic surround part need to be removed. They all penetrate the leather and are secured to a bracket that doesn't come out with the seat back.

Once those are out, pop off the plastic bits around where the seat belts come over the top of the seat back.

Now, you sort of pull out and up. There are clips at the top left and right (near the C pillars) that you'll be popping.. It'll make sense once you get it out, but don't be afraid to put some muscle into it, you won't break anything.

Edit: on second reading, you already got that last part figured out. ;)

Triv
03-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Thanks so much for the assistance, I now know where I was going wrong....I didn't realise the headrests just pulled right up! Finally got the seats out, thanks again!

pundit
03-04-2005, 06:12 AM
Embarrasing rear seat removal help! ...HELP ME...
A friend of mine was a nurse in a casualty ward. She had seen cases of embarassing things removed from patients rears... but never an entire seat from a BMW! :D

pong
03-09-2005, 01:18 PM
can anyone post a pic of where the nuts and clips are...

i couldnt picture this.... the manual shows something else...

i found 2 nuts only... :s

pong
03-09-2005, 02:17 PM
anyone?

gale
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
This is from my 92 735i but should cover most aspects of your e34

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_29.htm

pong
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
wow thanks!