PDA

View Full Version : E34 lower front wishbone bushes

Hartmut
03-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I do have a E34 (1995) with aluminium front wishbones. The bushes need changing.
According to "BENTLEY" you cannot change the bushes in a aluminium wishbone, but have to buy new wishbones.
Unfortunately I have already bought the steel bushes and have access to a hydraulic press.
Is there no way to change the aluminium bushes, or do I have to buy the steel wishbones ?
Thanks
Hartmut

Qsilver7
03-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I do have a E34 (1995) with aluminium front wishbones. The bushes need changing.
According to "BENTLEY" you cannot change the bushes in a aluminium wishbone, but have to buy new wishbones.
Unfortunately I have already bought the steel bushes and have access to a hydraulic press.
Is there no way to change the aluminium bushes, or do I have to buy the steel wishbones ?
Thanks
Hartmut

You are aware that that the rubber/joint at the other end of the "arm" has suffered thru the same stress, mileage, and other road abuse as the bushings you want to replace. I'd venture to say you'd do better to replace the whole arm. Plus there are lots of vendors that sell the entire arm with 750iL bushings already installed. The bushings for the 750 are considered an upgrade, too ... and are preferred by most as the bushing of choice. :D

Gotta love them 750iL bushings ;)

Oh yeah, places like BMA auto parts (ask for Patrick Bright) have great prices on these arms with the bushings already installed...give 'em a call: http://www.bmaautoparts.com/

Hartmut
03-03-2005, 12:51 PM
thanks,
I am living in Scotland and I am in the process of renewing most of the front suspension and brakes. (120k miles)
I have ordered new aluminium wishbones made by OCAP (Italian aftermarket suspens. manufacturer. Ever heard of them ?
Hartmut

632 Regal
03-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Bushings...lol