PDA

View Full Version : EWS Question

bjl4776
03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I posted awhile back on a question about getting another DME for a 95 325is. The car EWS II, but I found a DME from a 94 325i without EWS II on it. Will the DME be a direct swap or are there other things i need to do in order for it to run. I put the DME in the car and it turns over but will not fire. Any suggestions before i get knee deep in checking everything for possible problems.

MarkD
03-02-2005, 01:24 PM
I posted awhile back on a question about getting another DME for a 95 325is. The car EWS II, but I found a DME from a 94 325i without EWS II on it. Will the DME be a direct swap or are there other things i need to do in order for it to run. I put the DME in the car and it turns over but will not fire. Any suggestions before i get knee deep in checking everything for possible problems.

Try installing the chip from the EWS DME into the non-EWS DME.

Another option is to order a chip from someplace that can bypass the EWS.

MarkD

bjl4776
03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
If I ordered a chip from you, would it override this? Is there other ways to overide the EWS temporarily so I can just make sure it runs.

MarkD
03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
If I ordered a chip from you, would it override this? Is there other ways to overide the EWS temporarily so I can just make sure it runs.

1) yes

2) no

But please try your original EWS chip in the non-EWS DME also. I assume you have a bad EWS DME?

Mark

bjl4776
03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't have the original DME, (long story)

MarkD
03-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't have the original DME, (long story)

The reason I asked you to try it is that I'm not sure what will happen in your case. There's a chance that your car may not start.

I know that these first 3 cases will all start the car:

1) EWS DME in EWS M50tu car using original EWS chip (stock configuration)

2) EWS DME in EWS M50tu car using one of my special EWS chips

3) EWS DME in non-EWS M50tu car using a non-EWS chip

But the cases you are asking about are:

4) non-EWS DME in EWS M50tu car using a non-EWS chip (this WILL NOT work)

and

5) non-EWS DME in EWS M50tu car using one of my special EWS chips (I expect that this should work, but have not tested this case and don't guarantee that it works)

MarkD