PDA

View Full Version : Anyhting bad to say about the ebay nakmichis?

infinity5
03-01-2005, 09:13 PM
there are always two suppliers selling new inbox sealed units on ebay, heres the cheaper of the two :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3293&item=5755707807&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

anyone have anyhting negative to say about purhcasing the headunit this way? excellent feedback... figured this was probably a cheap and convient way to get ahold on one of these units, but as always, its ebay.....

bahnstormer
03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
i got em, works fine for about a year now, no problems

Scott C
03-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Does the antenna system work appropriately with the new unit?

Thanks,
Scott

pmlmotorsports
03-02-2005, 12:17 AM
:p I myself have owned several Nakamichi cassette decks, they are amazing tape decks and are recognized as some the best ever. I will however say that when it came time for them to enter the digital age of CDs back in the early 90's, they outsourced their product to a company called "Coustic." I am sure they have since changed the production quality of their in dash CD units, but I can't say with any certainty that they are as good as current Alpine units, I know they don't offer the features and versatility (built-in X-overs, sub out, multiple choice illumination,etc...)of the Alpine units, but I am sure they are not going to disappoint any consumers. I suggest the Alpine 9833..........sweeeeeeeeet

infinity5
03-02-2005, 01:18 AM
hmm. interesting, thanks for the input pml... If they were falling short in the past, i think they've gotten their act back together with these new cd400 units. (or thats the impressive i've been given) I was actually just asking about the trustworthyness of these auctions on ebay, but i'm glad you gave some feedback about headunits. the audio discussions around here seem to neglect them a little. anyone else with an opinion (what a silly question)? i'd love to hear it. all i've heard is praise for nakamichi, but if there are better for the same price range i'd be inclinded to investigate.

bahnstormer
03-02-2005, 10:47 AM
yes i've heard only praise...
a couple issues about reliability pooped up
but like i said i've had it for a long time now

i'm not sure about the radio....i know fm is
crystal clear, but i can't remeber if we used the
oem antenna...i'm leaning towards yes we did =]