PDA

View Full Version : GROUP BUY For HEADERS !! Get in on this =] !

bahnstormer
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
check it out we've got a group buy going for some
ireland engineering headers

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3760555

if u guys are interested sign up and post onthat forum or just
post here and i'll add you the tally...

Talked to Jeff at Ireland Engineering (www.bmw2002.com), and he will sponser a GB.

Quote:
If customers want to purchase the headers without down pipes (any decent muffler shop could make them) we could sell them right away. For a group buy of at least 5 people cost would be about $210.00 with availability in 3-4 weeks

I'll try and find out a time-line on downpipes.
From what I gathered before, these people may be interested:

bähnstormer
mihia77
E34N

Depending on how some things go, I may or may not be able to partake in this GB. e34 and snow and hill sometimes arent a good mix
So if those 3 people are still interested we would need atleast 2 more.

~Kevin

winfred
03-01-2005, 08:54 PM
so are they shorty's or tuned full length? for $210 it sounds like shorty's which may or may not be better then the manifolds, didn't we get boned by ireland the last time a m30 header group was brought up? if it's full length for that price i am in but i want a pic of the actual unit before i cough up cash, and i can probably dig up another buyer or two if it's cool

bahnstormer
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah we got boned, and scott h got boned...
i'm not sure what'll happen...

and the full length rd ones are the best i've heard

the short ones Ireland sells need a downpipe...

winfred
03-01-2005, 09:10 PM
piss on shorty's about all that will do is make a place for exhaust to leak, and make it hotter under the hood unless you pop for jet-hot which if memory serves is around $100 for the 1300 on a 6 cylinder, i can't remember the $ for the 2000 which is better. the 1300 on my full length headers on the e30 keeps it cooler then the stock manifolds but has flaked off on the lower portions where water splashes (i am not the orignal owner so no warranty with J-H)

Martin in Bellevue
03-01-2005, 09:19 PM
What chance is there of seeing comparison dyno sheets with the headers? I'd love to know if the only gain is noise.

Robin-535im
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
What chance is there of seeing comparison dyno sheets with the headers? I'd love to know if the only gain is noise.
Any company that purports to sell improvements should either have lots of beta testers with positive feedback, a really really cheap product, or dyno sheets.

If IE can fork up $100 to do the dyno testing, I'd consider the headers.

BigKriss
03-04-2005, 08:29 AM
i think thats a BIG NO from bimmer.info members.