PDA

View Full Version : Odd tire wear

greghodg
02-28-2005, 02:18 PM
The front tires on my '95 525i are wearing very unevenly. The passenger side tire is wearing heavily on the outside, the driver's side is wearing on the inside, but to a lesser extent than the other side. I'd assume that my alignment is screwed up and I've got positive camber on the passenger side and negative on the driver's, but from what I understand, only toe is adjustable. Just eyeballing the front tires, it _looks_ like the passenger side has positive camber.
Any idea what would cause this sort of problem?

Thanks,
Greg Hodgdon

632 Regal
02-28-2005, 05:19 PM
front end is all ****ed up mann, only thing to adjust is toe on these cars so something is bent. You might want to have the rear bushings inspected too cause that could possible cause strange wear but i'd be guessing the strut tubes are bent all out of kilter messing it up. Check the clearance between the tire and strut housing on both fronts and rears and compare them before you go farther. the front spindles could be bent front/back too which is harder to measure which is why I suggest measuring the clearances between tire/housing first.