PDA

View Full Version : Change initial display on check control & OBC?

Paul_540i
02-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Every time I switch on my car's ignition, the OBC displays the time and the check control display in the dash is off (unless there is a warning to display). Usually I press the stalk to display the time on the check control, and put the temperature on the OBC.

Is it possible to set the system up so that it's like this by default, or at least remembers the settings it was it before being switched off? It's a bit of a PITA having to do it every time I get back in the car after being parked.

Paul.

632 Regal
03-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I set mine from the info in the user manual. I dont know it off hand but if you dont have a manual let me know and I'll type the info here for you.

ukm5
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
no, you can't.

Javier
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
when key is turned on, OBC dash display will always be off when key is turned on.

You can program OBC so as soon as you press the stalk it shows the date. So you should make a routine, start car, press stalk, press temp button at OBC.

Javier

Paul_540i
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks. That's what I do at the moment, but it is a bit of a pain to do it every time. Seems a bit poor it doesn't remember your display, my previous car with OBC done this.

Paul.

bimmerd00d
03-02-2005, 10:44 AM
it's pain to press a button? wow.

Qsilver7
03-02-2005, 02:33 PM
it's pain to press a button? wow.
the turn indicator in, too! It just stresses me out, like, so much! Maybe if I took some vitamins it would give me more energy to accomplish this feat! :D :D

Paul_540i
03-02-2005, 02:48 PM
So if your radio always defaults to some crappy station, and you had to press the button for the station you like every time you get in the car, you'd be quite happy with that radio? ;) You can guarantee that radio would get slated in every review for it. Hence why I've never yet seen a radio that defaults to one station, every single one remembers the last setting unless power is removed.

It's called good design. It may be a minor "flaw", but one minor flaw combined with another minor flaw soon adds up a pretty flawed car.

Javier
03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
I understand your point, but guess it is clear that dash display is not intended to be the clock (nor any thing else). It is a status report screen, but it is handy there, at a touch of the stalk, to show OBC values without distracting you to mess with the OBC.

On the other side, OBC is the clock substitute, as there is no other clock, they will default it to its main info, The Clock.

Javier

Randell
03-02-2005, 10:19 PM
i'm with Paul, surely it wouldn't have taken much effort to have the dash display come on automatically... if you had an OBC like mine which gobbles $8 backlight bulbs every other week you'd realise how annoying that stalk button can get! i know, it's only one button... but if you had to press a button to read the time on your watch, you'd throw the bloody thing in the bin by the end of the week

Paul in NZ
03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Paul as had been said the dash display is primarily the check control display.Do this,Program the obc/dash display to display the info you want,in your case i would make the temp the first display....you jump in the car you start the car,the obc will display the time,the first push of the stalk will display the temp...then whatever else you want,there are plenty of watches where you have to push a button to display the date.......