GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Radio sound dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John you may be right. I am aware of the CD changer but didn't know what the other box is supposed to do. In any case, I will look into it to find out what it actually is. I am still plagued by the intermittent radio operation. Shaking and banging on the radio itself has no effect so I decided to look in the trunk.

Any advice to solve this problem is welcome. Replacing the radio seems not to be an option, as there is nothing I can buy that would replace its function, assuming the problem is within the radio. I want the AM and FM and CD functions but they are no longer available. Maybe a junkyard, at an exorbitant price. And I am unsure if that will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob91343 View Post
    John you may be right. I am aware of the CD changer but didn't know what the other box is supposed to do. In any case, I will look into it to find out what it actually is. I am still plagued by the intermittent radio operation. Shaking and banging on the radio itself has no effect so I decided to look in the trunk.

Any advice to solve this problem is welcome. Replacing the radio seems not to be an option, as there is nothing I can buy that would replace its function, assuming the problem is within the radio. I want the AM and FM and CD functions but they are no longer available. Maybe a junkyard, at an exorbitant price. And I am unsure if that will fix it.
    Mine is doing it again, it's the smaller wad of wires going to the front end of the amp. Going to see if I can find which wire turns it on and fix it. I'll post a picture of where the amp is for you. There are 3 phillips screws holding the gold plate on. If I turn the radio on when I get no sound and wiggle the one going to the forward connector it will turn on sometimes.

Name:  Amp 1.jpg
Views: 2063
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  Amp 2.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  49.4 KB
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy