GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where have all e34s gone?

Default where have all e34s gone?

Missed my e34. Been considering getting one, in North America, looked at autotempest, autotrader, cars.com, cargurus - no e34s?
    Where would you look for them?

deleted air conditioning

All over FB marketplace and E34 groups there, regional or nationwide. FB has surpassed craigslist which charges $4.00 for an ad to reduce the scam factors. Also look on BAT (Bring a trailer) which is like an ebay bidding site but prices are usually high. FB has the most and if you look regional and are friendly people will actually check basics out for you.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    All over FB marketplace and E34 groups there, regional or nationwide. FB has surpassed craigslist which charges $4.00 for an ad to reduce the scam factors. Also look on BAT (Bring a trailer) which is like an ebay bidding site but prices are usually high. FB has the most and if you look regional and are friendly people will actually check basics out for you.
    Thank you buddy. Didnt think about FB. I haven't been on that for years now.

deleted air conditioning

Default E34s

Quote Originally Posted by Rustam View Post
    Thank you buddy. Didnt think about FB. I haven't been on that for years now.
    FB Marketplace is a bit of a splattered cat. Not only is it Facebook, but the search function is weak.
    I live in CA and they are on CL all the time. SF, Sacramento, LA. Just peeked at CL SF and saw several, even one 57,000 mile creampuff. Crazy high price, but pristine.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...236561080.html

Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

Missed my e34. Been considering getting one, in North America, looked at autotempest, autotrader, cars.com, cargurus - no e34s?
    Where would you look for them?
    I have two of them, a 540i that I took to the bimmer.info Chicago gathering in what, 2006? Also a 525it. The V8 is coming up on 295k miles. Still plenty to go.

I'd watch bringatrailer for nice E34 specimens. You'll pay a premium, but it's worth it for a nice one.

I'm in the Midwest, and the most rust-free car I've ever owned I bought in downtown Los Angeles. All the rubber was shot, though (ozone). Seek out the sun belt for best results.

yes, sunbelt or similar areas is the best. Here in Japan rust is generally no problem, except the northern island of Hokkaido (next to Siberia) and the southern Island of Okinawa (subtropical climate, air has a lot of salt content from seawater). Hot climate probs are usually falling headliners, rubber parts, clear coat of paint, plastic parts in engine bay get brittle quickly, cooling system and aircon have a heavy job and must be maintained well. My E32 750iL is subtropical climate version = visco fan clutch has different pulley and belt for higher RPM, engine oil cooler is larger = total engine oil is 0.5 liters more than the standard version. For the aux fan I installed a temperature switch which kicks in earlier to high speed than standard version.

Quote Originally Posted by 93 525 Paul View Post
    Facebook, but the search function is weak.
    Are you looking from a smartphone or another mobile device? The desktop version of the marketplace allows searching by model, year, price range, and most importantly transmission type. I was able to find a couple of cars in my area quickly.

deleted air conditioning

I stil l'have mine. It survived 4 kids!
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Are you looking from a smartphone or another mobile device? The desktop version of the marketplace allows searching by model, year, price range, and most importantly transmission type. I was able to find a couple of cars in my area quickly.
    Just hate FB but looked at it again. I am on desktop but not seeing search functions like you describe. Huh, will have to do some research...
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast