GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The begining of the end (this forum)

Default The begining of the end (this forum)

Brian C said it best:

Brian C. 1995 525ia

Grand Master

OK...I just had to give my 2cts worth...
    I really haven't had the time or need to participate in the forum's activities in a while. I've had too many family responsibilities to deal with and too many long nights driving. After I sold my E34, I liked to stay around and shoot the sh!t with others, have a little fun, and direct questions that I had an idea about to either people who might have the answers or to the ba-zillion bookmarks that I've saved with E34 info that might also help.

Then it started.

Gayle, you undoubtedly are a great person, and many of your insights are wonderfully different in a way that "we" here were not usually exposed to. At least not here on-line. But then...and I'm only speaking for myself...it seemed the more familiar and friendly you got, always addressing everyone by their names instead of their logins, being one who directed conversations to "stay focused", and publicly announcing that you wanted to have private conversations, the more...again, to me...it seemed that you wanted this to not just be A place to come, but YOUR place to come to. Just a few examples:

"Everyone's mailboxes are full after this episode. There has been a lot of PM going on. Everyone please clean them out so communication can resume."

"I will pm you and anyone else who needs it spelled out for them."

"Focus Winfred. We know you can do it."

"Winfred--You really have problems with focus, but hey, its ok. We all love you. What is a good thread without a little hijack now and then?"

"The grapevine also informed me that that my campaign to bring respect and civility to this place was seen as princess powers and an attempt to turn this into a girlie world."

I played along previously, but after a while, it seemed that all of the need for ORDER to the activities here just took away so much from the Bimmernut experience that I've decided to just fade away. The idea that we were just a bunch of uncivil, foul-mouthed guys who wanted to talk about cars, boobs, fart jokes, and occasionally anything else we wanted to was the reason most of us came here in the first place. We never apologized for being cavemen, because WE DIDN'T CARE. We didn't worry about female perspective on things such as order, focus and civility because we never had any, or at least many, females around. And then came your "campaign to bring respect and civility to this place" suddenly our freedom to be as we liked, was now not in step with your plans. It wasn't good, bad, or otherwise, it just was the way it was and I think we all kinda liked it that way. Most men don't take well to change, especially when others provoke that change, and...my thoughts alone, again...REALLY especially when women provoke that change for what we think are reasons we don't follow or agree with. And I think, really, that none of the change has been bad or good or anything else, it's just change, evolution.

I don't have ill feelings for ANYONE on this board. From the oldest fossils to the newest of newbies, everyone here has contributed to what "Bimmernut" is today. For me, it's just gotten to where it isn't as fun as it once was. I think a lot of that has to do with my personal life, but it seems more like work than fun to participate anymore. I'll still be around one in a while, but just in the background more.

Peace

Brian C.

BTW...........did we ever establish what ryan's job is yet???

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...115#post141115
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Looks like she gave up to educate a bunch of uncivil, foul-mouthed guys

last activity:

08-17-2008, 01:27 PM
    Replies: Happy birthday BigKriss
    Views: Posted By Gayle

Default My goodness, the whole thead here!

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

This time of year for the past 6 or 7 years you couldn't contain the excitement of the board in anxious await for our annual gathering. Everyone would be making plans, planning the event and all the work that went into that one great day that would stick in the minds of everyone for years to come, and keep them coming back.

Gone is the spirit, the enthusiasim, the bond that set us apart from other forums. Like having a family, as the children grow up and leave an emptiness that is only filled by their return.

Over the many years that I have been a part of this board, even since before it's inception, I have made many strong friendships that still continue today and that is something I am forever grateful.

I miss the camaraderie of old, and doubt that kind of bond will ever surface again.

Cheers to you all, here's to the old times, the old timers, and all the friendships along the way. The cars bring you here, it's up to you to make the friendships.

JR

So this explains why the board feels so slow these days. I was mostly absent for a couple years and when I came back I wondered what happened to Bill R, Matt P with his imported M5 touring, Jr//M5, Jon K, Quintine from Australia, Bruno and the like.... now I know. Glad to see a few of you old-timers are still around. You guys remember Red Five the track car? I miss those days...like 2001 to 2004. I may not have been the most knowledgeable, but back then this forum was my home on the internet. I wish some of you would stick around, give the board another chance. Lord knows I could use the added wisdom and insight.

BennyM

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5 View Post
    This time of year for the past 6 or 7 years you couldn't contain the excitement of the board in anxious await for our annual gathering. Everyone would be making plans, planning the event and all the work that went into that one great day that would stick in the minds of everyone for years to come, and keep them coming back.

Gone is the spirit, the enthusiasim, the bond that set us apart from other forums. Like having a family, as the children grow up and leave an emptiness that is only filled by their return.

Over the many years that I have been a part of this board, even since before it's inception, I have made many strong friendships that still continue today and that is something I am forever grateful.

I miss the camaraderie of old, and doubt that kind of bond will ever surface again.

Cheers to you all, here's to the old times, the old timers, and all the friendships along the way. The cars bring you here, it's up to you to make the friendships.

JR

Default Bunch of victims.....

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    Looks like she gave up to educate a bunch of uncivil, foul-mouthed guys

No, she just finished her decorate thesis on us all.

We were just "subjects" of her thesis on forums, male bonding and internet leg humping when a woman starts posting.

or she just stopped taking her medication and jumped off a bridge

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

where did this come from....that thread is nearly three years old!!!
    Gone but not forgotten

I was looking back to some members that havent posted in a while and saw Brians post... then the whole thread, the memories that came back. Man this place used to be fun, every part of it would make me laugh even when the meltdown of an off topic post was nuked from the new laws... I just wish I could have foreseen what would become of this place because I could have made enough noise for Ed to notice. The law of the land should have stayed the same as it was, no laws of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    where did this come from....that thread is nearly three years old!!!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    I was looking back to some members that havent posted in a while and saw Brians post... then the whole thread, the memories that came back. Man this place used to be fun, every part of it would make me laugh even when the meltdown of an off topic post was nuked from the new laws... I just wish I could have foreseen what would become of this place because I could have made enough noise for Ed to notice. The law of the land should have stayed the same as it was, no laws of the land.
    jeez that's depressing.

still a pretty good forum imho.

uh... what laws? can i smoke?

4:20 good buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tim eh? View Post
    uh... what laws? can i smoke?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast