GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Where is the hub cap wrench stored on a 2000 528i

Default Where is the hub cap wrench stored on a 2000 528i

Where is the hub cap wrench stored on a 2000 528i E39?

I know on my 535i it is stored in the trunk cubby on the right side. and it actually looks like a wrench.

But on the 528i I can't find the hubcap wrench or the lug wrench. Is there some secret compartment? I am assuming based on the design you have to use the lug wrench with the hubcap wrench to get the hubcap off.

And yes I have looked in the owners manual

BMW usually improves a design as time progresses but I think the cheese slipped off their cracker on this one.
    Last edited by Kibokojoe; 04-20-2010 at 03:42 AM.

It should be close to the car jack and lug nut tool.
    On my E32 these tools are at the rear of the trunk behind the cover between the taillights.
    So what does the manual tell you where the car jack is?

The car jack is on the left next to the tire. Even has a little cut out and a wingnut holds the jack in place. Found out from the tool diagram at bmwfans.com that the lug wrench is in the plastic tool cargo on the trunk lid but no hubcap tool. All the tools in the plastic tool cargo are gone, but from the impression in the plastic it doesn't look like the hubcap tool was stored here. On bmwfans site the hubcap tool is presented with the wheels.

Its in a little square foam rubber thingie with a cutout in the center that the tool fits into, usually on top of the spare under the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibokojoe View Post
    The car jack is on the left next to the tire. Even has a little cut out and a wingnut holds the jack in place. Found out from the tool diagram at bmwfans.com that the lug wrench is in the plastic tool cargo on the trunk lid but no hubcap tool. All the tools in the plastic tool cargo are gone, but from the impression in the plastic it doesn't look like the hubcap tool was stored here. On bmwfans site the hubcap tool is presented with the wheels.

My e34 did not come with a hubcap wrench. Should they all? I did buy one like you describe.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment