GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: worlds most expensive trim? Also props to BMA.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Original for mine was green. All the installers I contacted would not do it with original trim. The one that said they would arrived and cut the interior pillars while cutting out the glass. By time I got to the car he already had the glass installed on a very thick bead of butyl I asked about the trim and clips, he had no idea what I was talking about and showed me a roll of cheap vinyl trim, I told him that was not what I ordered. He put a piece of trim up to show me... He said it wont look "that" bad. I had no choice at that point, absolutely hated it. After that point I could never crack the windows open if it rained, would pour right in. Might be different here in TN but I don't need a windshield on either car but part of the trim is lifted on one side. Might get some good glue from the body shop and hope it sticks.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Original for mine was green. All the installers I contacted would not do it with original trim. The one that said they would arrived and cut the interior pillars while cutting out the glass. By time I got to the car he already had the glass installed on a very thick bead of butyl I asked about the trim and clips, he had no idea what I was talking about and showed me a roll of cheap vinyl trim, I told him that was not what I ordered. He put a piece of trim up to show me... He said it wont look "that" bad. I had no choice at that point, absolutely hated it. After that point I could never crack the windows open if it rained, would pour right in. Might be different here in TN but I don't need a windshield on either car but part of the trim is lifted on one side. Might get some good glue from the body shop and hope it sticks.
    Two things, in priority:

1) You don't need a windshield in TN? How about MI?

2) Thats why I'm getting original trim

Thanks Regal

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *