Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
It'll look nice once the bay is cleaned up and there's no bulldust around the place. Guessing it needs to be running first, so she can go outside for a bath... ? Is she zinnerbrot?
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. Brillantrot in need of a polish. Yes, she's really dirty in those photos and that shows poorly. The issue is she is in my side yard, concrete paved, surrounded by fence, commonly called an RV space. The mow, blow and go guys blow a lot of crap around but don't ever seem to blow the car off. With the hood set in place for a long time, I was reluctant to wash her and get water all down in the electrical connections. So after we (my 13YO son has been helping) dropped it in, we reinstalled the hood and washed her well. I even took a buffer and some "color restore" to the hood and fenders and she cleaned up very nicely. Will shoot a photo to prove it.
Even though before dropping in the engine, we spent an hour or so with some "Simple Green" cleaner a scotchbrite pad and a scrub brush, we didn't get all the grime, but we got a TON of it.
Since dropping the engine/tranny in we've connected the driveshaft, the tranny electricals, the shifter, the trans crossmember, the bellhousing mounts, the motor mounts, the A/C compressor, the PS pump, the alternator, the exhaust manifolds.
More to come, thanks for the nudge.