Just a quick background felow forumers. Over two years ago I had the steering shimmy on my '90 chipped 535i. Following the suggestions from the forum and Bruno's site for help, I installed new Lemforder thrust arms with 750bushings from BMA. Torqued down the bolts on the ground and loaded as suggested. This solved the shake problem.
Back to today. The shake and shimmy is back . Since the thrust arms are relatively new I decided to just get the bushings. But this time I bought the M5 bushings. I removed the thrust arms (they are in great condition still), pressed out the old bushings and pressed in the M5 bushings. Torqued them down to 94ft-lbs on the ground and loaded and went out for a test drive. The damn shimmy is still there, and more pronounced . The shake starts at exactly 55 mph up to 65 mph, and I have to apply the brake lightly to lessen the shake. What is wrong and what else can I do? Will a front wheel alignment cure it? What about the struts? Please help, this shimmy is driving me , and I don't want to give up the car since it runs great after my topside rebuild three years ago.