Hello everyone!

I would like to dip into the vast knowledge base of this board in hopes of finding a solution to loosening my 535i's fan clutch nut. I made my own tool to hold the pulley in place and it works wonderfully (thanks again for this forum's information). I've even gone as far as to make the handle on the tool extra long. I am using an adjustable wrench on the nut itself. The nut however, does not appreciate all the effort put into trying to loosen it and doesn't budge at all. I've hammered on the wrench with the locking tool braced against the chassis of the car and the nut still refuses to move. At this point I'm afraid that I will not be able to loosen it at all. Its been mentioned before on this forum that the pump can be taken off with the fan unit attached. Could this be my last resort? Is it possible to lockup the pump once its out of the car and then apply some insane amount of torque to the nut to break it loose? To top this whole ordeal off, the fan clutch is less than 500 miles old. I would hate to have to buy a new fan clutch and water pump pulley just because I can't disassemble the parts. Thank you in advance for all and any advice.