GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: strut tower brace?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wanted to update you. I got my "Modified" 540 Strut Tower Brace from RD today. It is lower than the one I originally had. And they are modifying the rest to be lower from here on out. However - the one I had gotten was the result of being cut too long and then being welded. When fit the bar bowed up causing it to hit the hood.

The fix is to change the jig so that they use less bar and run them closer to the Engine. My Bar was a one off Quality control issue. They were however concerned and pulled several off the shelf to check on my car.

The factory there is quite an interesting place. And it is really interesting to see how they fabricate this stuff. The owner has his Vintage 67 Porsche 937 Turbo Race car there in the shop. Only worth $347k. I was impressed with my little field trip my mechanic took me on today.

So Malevolent Evil. You are more than likely way okay with your trade. Just wanted to update you. Sorry for the firedrill! - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

sorry, forgot to post a followup to this thred. the bars are exactly the same, but for the 540, it also comes with a relocation bracket for what i think is the brake fluid reservoir.