Ater reading so much about this problem here I was thanking my lucky stars that my car never seemed to have it. I'm talking about the 50-60mph shakes. Arrrgh! Ok here we go...'93 525i, Borbet type H wheels, standard size 205/65-15'' Old tires, Pirelli P6 - no problems, even wear no shakes, just wore out. New tires, Bridgestone Potenza G009. Same size. Went to Tires Plus because they were recommmended by Tire Rack for the Hunter balancing machine. The wheels have been on and off the car 7 times and it is better but not gone yet. I finally gave up but one thing was...there was ONE hubcentric ring missing. What that has to do with balancing I'll never know but the tire guys didn't seem too concerned about it because the lugs are self centering. I even suggested CLEANING the surfaces where the wheel touches the hub. They might have cleaned one or two. Spent the afternoon Saturday and half the day today.

I can find nothing on Tire Racks website about hubcenteric rings. I emailed them, hopefully I'll get an answer before I go nuts. My mechanic says nothing wrong with front end. Had to visit him today to get new belts put on AND because yesterday my brake lining light came on. Seems the sensor wire was rubbing on the wheel (right rear) Tire guy says he can't see HOW but will replace it anyway but it's gonna take another trip because he had to order the part.

All I wanted was some new tires!

Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now