GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anyone Here Ever Replacded an Ebtire Brake Line on an E34?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

had the caliper removed yesterday but the wrong side part had been sent.

My caliper was frozen but with no option other than leaving the car we worked on the stuck piston and got it to move. Cleaned up the pins and replaced the part. Bled ok and checking the wheel with a digital temp gun all day showed it was no longer binding.

Shop is still offering to replace this caliper at their expense since the fluid now seems ok BUT...

after an hour or so driving I suddenly developed a rather deep grinding noise and vibration when making right turns.

my first thought was the week or so driving with a sticking caliper wrecked the bearing on that wheel.

Other than some unrelated coincidental failure does this sound likely?

Will get it back on the lift tomorrow and pin it down but I had the two front hub/bearings replaced not long ago.

Shop guy thinks it could be a lose heat shield but this sounds too deep to be caused by this sheet metal.

* Eveing update.

RIP..I think I killed the engine tonight.. very deep rythic vibration when increasing RPM....

Had been knocking for a long time . Tonight I grew frustrated with this and instead of backing off as I normally do I floored it.
    I felt a brief dip in output and soon began feeling a deep disturbing vibration.

Since I had this other grinding vibration I suspected was a wheel bearing it wasn't until I pulled over and reved the throttle with the car out of gear I could feel this was the engine..

drove it home mostly normal.. normal range MPG on the OBC but something happened .

Interestingly I remembered a local guy I met a few years ago I knew had an Oxford/Parchment 540/6 I think with under 150,000 miles for sale.

Called him and he asked $2,500 for it telling me he's not been with it for a few years and had a guy replacing fuel lines , hard lines with new one and wasn't sure they were all in.
    Last edited by Jehu; 05-03-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95