Long story short - I bought a Ross Machine Racing BMW fuel rail a while ago when I was first starting my build. It is a nice rail made from -6 AN aluminum extrusion. As my build went underway and I kept building up the engine and parts for a lot of power, I realized -6AN may not be ideal for the fuel flow I intend to run.

A lot of big HP guys run -8AN but the only readily available -8 AN rail is a PPF unit from Sweden. So I started looking into making my own. Found that Ross sells -10AN extrusion for $12/ft. So I sold the -6 AN with fittings for a bit of a loss, but the cheap raw extrusion would make up for it.

So anyway, we went and copied another -6 rail I had in terms of fitting size and bore depth. This is a huge rail capable of flowing more fuel than I could ever want. Its nice to not have to worry about choking on fuel flow. All my lines are -10AN and the rail is -10AN and everyone is happy.

We also tapped the center of the rail for a -4 AN feed directly to the nitrous solenoid. So instead of T'ing the fuel line all sloppy, we tap the rail and its a nice neat tidy package. I'll shut up and post some pics!

Old rail size vs new rail size:

I am pumped - and also, my motor should be done in the next few days!

Jon