I put a new pair of Raybestos pads and new Brembo OEM rotors on the wagon two weekends ago to replace the Metalmasters I put on 45,000 miles ago (now at 117K). No problem with the change, and I bedded them in by a bunch of hard 30-0 and 45-0 stops. All seemed well. Now when I get brake at moderate speeds, Im getting a clanking/shuddering noise from both fronts that is more pronounced the harder the pedal application. The metal masters never did this under braking, though there would be a small clunk when pulling out of the garage in reverse- this I figured was just the pads moving slightly in the carriers.
I pulled the front wheels, retorqued the caliper pins and carrier bolts, everything seems fine, the pads are seated in the carriers. Wheel bearings are original, but there was no free play in them when I pulled around on them. But there's still this clanking.
The pads seem to fit the carriers just fine, but I'm wondering whether I got the incorrect size pads, but the PartsAmerica site lists the PGD394QS as being correct: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=219&ptset=A The Braking is fine, but the clanking's gotta go!

Anyone had this experience?