GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Overheating!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No I didn't do the headgasket myself. I took it to a mechanic and he sent it to a machine shop and they said the cylinder head was fine. My heater works fine, I think, you can't really feel it until you turn the knob up to 3 or 4.

My needle went past 3/4 (almost to the red) last time it overheated ( didn't turn on heater to test the new fan clutch).
    How do you bleed the system?

When the car is filled with coolant, the heat should be turned on "full" to activate the auxiliary water pump, which will move coolant through the heater core and help remove air.

I mean, unless the water pump/tstat/radiator are defective, and the pisser line is working correctly, I wouldn't be surprised to find that the shop that did the work didn't correctly reinstall the head. It's relatively common for a shop to not clean out the bolt holes, or incorrectly torque the head bolts. It usually results in something cracking. Check the coolant for signs of oil globs, and the oil for signs of coolant. Or, have a compression test done (still might not show a fine crack that only starts doing its thing on a warm engine).

But check the pisser, first. Do a search on it -- we all talk about it a lot

best, whit

they compression tested it