How difficult is it to change the wheels on a car?

Apparently very difficult for the specialty tire place I went to today.

I loaded my car with four mounted winter wheels and tires. I got the needed hub-centric rings too.
Each tire was appropriately marked LF, LR, RF, RR.

I got to the shop,
I drove my car inside to where the lift is,
I took the wheels out of my car,
I put them next to the corresponding corner of the car,
I gave them the rings,
I even removed the center covers of my all-season wheels,

.... all these guys, there was two (TWO!!!) of them, had to do was remove the four wheels and mount the winter rims on the car.
I even put the all-seasons back in the car myself.

Well, they got the three wheels off, but one of the lug bolts on the FR was evidently stuck; frozen if you will. The air gun was not able to move it. I became concerned.
The other guy came up to the first guy offering assistance... and then promptly walked away, only to come back with a big 1/2" drive wrench. Can you see where this is going?

Before I had a chance to scream, the guy had the big-o wrench on the lug bolt and was already standing on it, doing sort of a jump/tilt/kick thing.
Well, it worked, the wrench moved. Success!!!

Yea, right... the wrench did move, the bolt did not.
"It can't be removed" he said.

At that point, I was done talking to the two idiots and went to the manager.
It took me about six minutes to explain to this Ali G wanna manager what has happened... I kid you not, he could not grasp what I was explaining to him.
He went to the car, supposedly looked at the bolt. Then he asked me which bolt it was.
"It's the round one." I answered, pointing it out to him.

"Ah man, oh we can't fix that, you need a special tool, and we don't have it."

This is not worth my typing now... he basically suggested that I would need to weld something onto that bolt to get it out, or other option was to melt the bolt. He said he can't do it, emphasizing a need for a special tool that he did not have, and offering no other solution.

This is a specialty tire store. Tell me... how does a place like that stay in business?