Hey guys,

UK '89 520i (M20) with a problem that several people have said is overfueling due to the engine thinking it's colder than it is, so I'm planning to replace

14 TEMPERATURE SENSOR M12X1,5 1 13621709966 (blue plug)

- should I also replace

07 THERMOSTAT 80CEL 1 11531713040 ?

(I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible )

OK dumb question 1..... if I'm just replacing part 14, do I need to drain the rad? If I can get away with just changing the sensor to hopefully fix the running problems, then I will drain the rad and renew the coolant soon, honest Also what's the best way to get in to remove the sensor as it didn't look particularly accessible.

Dumb question 2 - I've been trying to pop the instrument cluster to sort out the SI board and reset the lights, get the rev counter to work right etc, and last night I didn't have the right sized socket (got one now) for the steering wheel nut; I've heard people say that you can just manage it if you extend the steering wheel out all the way.... I've flipped down the adjuster, but I cannot for the life of me no matter how much I push or pull the wheel (and with the ignition in any state from no keys through to running), I cannot make it budge backwards or forwards.... am I missing something really obvious? Is my steering adjuster just broken or what?

As an aside, I've just won an auction for a Bentley's manual on Ebay, but I don't know how long that will take to come.

Thanks