Instead of bumping up the previous lengthy thread http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=32840 regarding my A/C problems, I figure I would give it a fresh thread. But, before I begin with the A/C update, I want to let you know that I got my car back and she is looking sweet with the new paint job! I'll post some pics when I get a chance, and access to a digital camera.

Okay, as per your recommendation, I picked up one of those pressure gauges at wally-mart. I hooked her up to the smaller fitting (the one closer to the front of the car). This line connects to the larger diameter tube, which I cannot at this moment recall if that is the high or low pressure side. Just so you know, before I hooked up the gauge, I made a short trip with the car (about 2 miles max) and parked it for about five minutes -- I warmed her up but I didn't run the A/C system. And, without the car running, the pressure (I believe it would be the static pressure) reading was a tad under 100 psi (about 98 psi). So, what does this number tell me? I am not sure, but too me it appears that the system has pressure, but is it enough? If it is enough, should I try jumping the LP switch to see if the clutch will engage?

As always, thanks for help and time!