I am up for a waterpump job soon (almost done 100.000km on the 3.0 V8). In addition, I want to replace the A/C condensor as all other A/C parts have been replaced. This also allows me to clean everything from road gunk.

If I simply drain the radiator, steering system, autobox and remove the R134 from the A/C system, I can remove everything and easily replace the pump, pulleys, belts etc.. This also gives me the most space to clean everything and check for any bad parts.

In short, I will remove:
- Steering fluid cooler
- Aux. fan
- Condensor
- Autobox radiator
- Engine radiator

The cooler lines of my autobox are not in good shape. The metal connections are getting real rusty. I know this is a 10mm steel pipe with 1mm edge diameter. This is pretty solid but with everything open, I have the opportunity of improving the system. Since the E34 V8 have the wide radiator behind which the small cooler sits, I plan on fitting 2 brand new transmission coolers which will then be connected to each other. In addition, I will use flexible steel hoses to connect this system to the gearbox. I can then decide myself how I want these hoses to run.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of my plan. I still need to do some calculations on the length of the hoses and how I will connect the coolers.

Stock radiator. As you can see, I have plenty of room to fit another cooler. The space between the radiator and condensor is empty.

Some more details on the setup. It is in Dutch but you will understand the plan.

Here's a guy who used flexible material on his M54.

My transmission guy also does hydraulics so I will ask him what he thinks and how he would make these connections.

Let me know what you guys think.