Hello fellow e24 owners,

Parts Geek and its supplier A-1 Cardone, are selling bad rebuilt hydraulic brake boosters.

I had a client of mine who sent me a leaking booster. When I opened it up to repair, I noticed that it had an incorrect shaft seal installed.

On top of that, the shaft seal was installed up-side down, and missing the garter spring.

My client told me that his first Cardone from Parts Geek leaked as soon as it was installed, he sent it back to Parts Geek and they sent him another.

When he installed the second one, it also leaked.
And thats when he called me, and I used my rebuild service and sent him one of my rebuilt spares.

When I received his core back, I set to rebuild it for the next client.
I was shocked, the shaft seal was upside down, I then pressed the shaft seal out of the black plastic cup. The shaft seal specs are 9.5mm i.d. x 22.0mm o.d. and thickness of 6mm.
The A-1 Cardone is 10.0mm i.d., way too big. It is made in China by YEI Shien, part #A19168 10x22x6.
Because it was in backwards the garter spring came off, or was never there in the first place.
I am going to also attach some photos, of the suspect seal front and back, and what a garter spring looks like.

Here is my link, booster repair kit and rebuild service.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1135658...nZ_Z7f6JrUyQE#

Thank you,

Name:  P4190001.jpg
Views: 2495
Size:  32.0 KBName:  P4190003-001.jpg
Views: 2439
Size:  56.4 KBName:  P4190004-001.jpg
Views: 2565
Size:  58.3 KB