i'm at the final straw with this car as i am fed up with no results :help
it really breaks my heart since i do love this car and i love bmw's as a whole.

the car: 1990 525i m20 5spd

problem: when the car is cold it starts right away. but there's a bit of an idle problem which i believe relates to the idle control valve. i removed the idle control valve, opened the casing and found that the internals were pretty much done so i will be needing a new icv. anyways, when the car is already running and warm, it's hesitant to even the slightest throttle movement but play with it a little and it'll eventually be fine and rev up. the idle doesn't wanna drop below 1k without having a misfire(or at least that's what it sounds like). the car can be driven without a problem but once the throttle is lifted to the idle position it starts to stutter and will shut down.

now to start the car while it's warm i have to keep cranking it while opening and closing the throttle(doesn't start if i don't do that) or else i'll have to wait till it's cold or has cooled off for a bit to give it another go.

wanting to fix my cold start problem i went to advanced auto parts and autozone and ordered the coolant temp sensor(autozone) and sendor(advanced auto). i also bought new spark plug wires(still using bosch platinum 4+ that i bought the car with) replaced the fuel pump(used the same fuel strainer)

i've tested: ignition coil resistance, crank position sensor resistance, AFM resistance, coolant temp sensor and sendor resistance, the resistance of the wires leading to the ECM for the coolant temp sensor and sendor and CPs, and even the idle control valve which is now removed. every one of the ranges displayed on my multimeter seemed to be within the normal range according to the bentley manual.

i'm trying to figure out why my car is still behaving in such a way. and if you'd like you see my previous posts about my issues they're right below

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/5-ser...0-problem.html

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/5-ser...ease-help.html

SERIOUS IDLE PROBLEM. please help!!! - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

m20b25 problem. help! - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum