On the way home from the gym the other day I hit 219k. Wow. I bought this car (94 525ia) on 10/2/02. No issues until the mid 100 mark, then I had a radiator, water pump and brakes need a change all in a short period of time. Gave the car some lovin, it's been perfect since. She's just starting to lose a bit of oil, maybe 1/2 quart over 4k. Valve cover gasket needs a change, that's coming up in October. Interior wise it's ok but the driver's seat is starting to crack, i need to leatherique it again. Door panels came unglued last summer when the heat was really bad up here and I wasn't driving it much, fixed those with some gorilla glue a few months back. Nothing else is going on with this thing, outside of the usual oil changes and car wash. She's taken me on so many road trips with no problems....woops, we did have a water pump go out on the way to Raleigh last year and a wheel bearing bought the farm weeks earlier. I keep hitting cars.com for a new ride but I'm hesitant to give this one up as she's been so solid. With a wash and a wax people always tell me how good the car looks.

Here's to 300k!

ncbeachbum, formerly rickm